“Never Again”

Cuisines: Chinese, Canadian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 December 2015 via mobile

I'm not gonna lie, when I started to eat the food, it was good. That was until I was a couple bites in. I looked at my ribs and found an ear wig. I was traumatized. And all I got out of it was next time I come, I can get a free half serving of ribs. Like come on. Never coming back again.

4  Thank Larry T

Reviewed 3 October 2015

This is just around the corner from the Hotel on Pownall where we were staying. We really fancied chinese and this hit the spot. It doesn't look very exciting from the outside and inside is pretty ordinary but the food was very good, egg rolls yummy.

Reviewed 9 September 2015 via mobile

Absolutely the worst dining experience I've ever had... .never again!
We waited for over 45 minutes for our meal which was not served all at once. When we did get our meal bit by bit, there were dead mosquitoes in it....not kidding!
Our server was very rude and not interested in providing good customer service.
I am disgusted with the Union Wok!

3  Thank Judy M
Reviewed 9 August 2015

Ordered take-out.. Server was rude .. portions were very small and tasteless.. when I called to complain, person that answered the phone laughed and hung up the phone.. Don't waste your money.. This is not the Golden Wok..

4  Thank swampy70
Reviewed 3 August 2015 via mobile

I generally don't write bad reviews without giving a restaurant a second chance, but my experience at Union Wok was so terrible I will absolutely not order from them again.
After placing an order for delivery we were told it would be a 40 minute wait. No problem, pretty average wait time. After an hour we called looking for our order. We were told that it would arrive shortly and that the drivers were busy. Ok, not great but understandable.
We then got a call from the driver, she was completely lost and had no idea how to find our street. (I do understand that this is a contracted service and not an employee of the restaurant so I'll not complain about Charlottetown Express here)
When the driver found our apartment she didn't have a credit card machine when we specifically stated we would pay by card.
After scrounging for change we called to complain that not only had we waited an hour and a half for cold food, we then weren't able to pay the way we requested. The staff who answered the phone was incredibly rude, and just kept saying we asked to pay with cash, which we absolutely did not, and that it wasn't their fault our food was late and cold. She gave no apology and refused to admit any responsibility for the mistake. Needless to say, we will not be back again and strongly advise that nobody else does either.

1  Thank amydi321