“I couldn't believe our good fortune when an Italian restaurant , Bueno Mangia. opened just a five minute walk away.”
Review of Buono Mangia

Buono Mangia
Ranked #28 of 282 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 March 2018

Bueno Mangia had been located in,city centre, of Charlottetown PEI. It grew in popularity for its great authentic Italian food so that more space was required. It reopened at 12 Mt Edward Road a little larger but still packing them in. Much of the food is made on site and delivered to your table by a co-owner with a great smile, chatter and sense of humour. A good selection of wine adds to the dining pleasure. Reservations are recommended for dinner.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

I have always enjoyed pasta but to have it freshly made takes it too a new level. We received a gift certificate as a Christmas gift and had an opportunity to use it this past weekend.

I did not realize that this restaurant has only a few tables available so reservations are highly recommend. The menu is limited but I think that helps with keeping the quality consistent.

We had a very tasty meal of Lasagna and the Fettuccine with chicken in a red pepper, mushroom & wine cream sauce. We plan on returning to try some of the other dinners .

Reviewed 25 February 2018

This little (as in maybe seating for 20, tops) restaurant is in a strip mall, next to a Tim Hortons, across the street from a couple of car dealerships, about 3 kms from downtown Charlottetown - so not in the greatest of neighbourhoods - not dangerous, just, what. . . industrial. The restaurant itself if a bit of an oasis inside - lovely, curtained (for obvious reasons) dining area the size of a large living room, with booths and tables and a muted walls (Benjamin Moore Weimeraner I would hazard). One of those 'mom and pop' places - co-owned by the chef and the server. The server was as classic as the food - personable and unpretentious . . . and knew the menu and the wine list inside out. oh, the wine list was great - well suited to the cuisine, and affordable. Our table had a Umani Ronchi Podere - new one on me - a velvety italian red. The dishes (not many veggie) were all wrapped around their hand made, fresh daily pastas - fettucini (bizarrely, a fettucini carbonara), lasagna, etc all topped with sauces, most of which locally sourced - a beautiful rose pasta sauce with local mild italian sausage, etc. There was a shrimp scampi made with frozen imported (ech) shrimp (I thought they might be able to maybe make something out of the local lobster instead - lobster scampi? why not?) Don't look for pizza. Overall, a nice quiet little restaurant, with no great surprises, good or bad.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

This is a better location especially for parking. We enjoyed a good authentic Italian pasta. Friendly service, expect to wait for your made from scratch meal . It's worth the wait. It would be nice if they had some typical Italian desserts, Italian music and, candles at the table.

Reviewed 13 December 2017

Breadbasket for two of us were two Pillsbury dinner rolls/croissant shaped and tiny. Portions were sufficient for me, with a small appetite...and I didn't fill up on bread, but my husband needed more. I had the Chicken Taglianni special. Pasta was nice but sauce lacked flavor and I think they're using some kind of chicken roll. My husband had something else and it was just OK. A substantial piece of garlic bread came with both meals. The lady who owns and serves at the restaurant is lovely and friendly so service was great. Two entrees, 1 wine and 1 beer cost $74.