“Excellent vegan food”

Splendid Essence
Ranked #29 of 282 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Cuisines: Chinese, Taiwanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Splendid Essence is a congregation of all kinds of beauty and splendor inside an exquisite cottage.The restaurant on the first floor offers trendy and gourmet vegetable dishes and an assortment of Chinese teas and beverages in a cozy and congenial atmosphere. The bright and delightful space on the second floor offers facinating classes, lectures and exhibitions to enrich your life.The third floor is an elegant Buddhist praying hall.
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Tried this one and was impressed. The food was excellent. It was very tasty and the faux meat was a great addition to the different dishes we tried. There were more Asians than north americans when we went. Excellent service and very fair prices for the dishes we ate.

1  Thank klodio

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Very friendly staff and awesome food make for a great experience. Great for vegetarian options and the tea is so nice.

1  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed 8 February 2018

Splendid essence has easily taken the spot for best restaurant in my book, The staff are nice, the prices are fair, the food is great and the atmosphere is excellent, and on top of all this they support great foundations, like the free-ranch buffalo ranch in PEI. I would definitely say my favourite food on the menu is the boiled dumplings, and my favourite drink would be the cold coconut milk tea.

1  Thank Padraigh B
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Great little spot with a really great veggie/vegan menu. Great service and the large sized meal was a perfect size for a big eater like myself. So glad I found this place while visiting Charlottetown, I'll be going back tomorrow to try more items and pick up lunch before flying out for sure!

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

It's not everyday you come across the vegetarian Chinese restaurant. Despite our reservations, all the dishes were excellent - I honestly think anything we ordered would have been great. Closes a little early so get there early in the evening to avoid disappointment!