All reviews annex room chef patrick separate shower seafood chowder victorian style top floor downtown charlottetown continental breakfast sized bed stayed two nights great place to stay upon check within easy walking distance lovely room anne of green gables room was large prince edward island
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

The staff were great and made sure our group of 6 were looked after. The rooms are beautifully decorated and comfortable. Great location close to restaurants and plenty of parking. Would recommend for couples or groups.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Pat S, General Manager at Dundee Arms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We enjoyed having you stay with us. I will show the staff read your review. Have a great summera and we hope to see you again someday.

Pat Sands

Reviewed 13 August 2017

LOVED IT! Great rooms, restaurant, patio, location. And what charm! Book it and you wont be disappointed. Friendly and helpful staff. In the heart of PEI with great access to downtown, local pubs and local festivals. Beautifully renovated historical building.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Pat S, General Manager at Dundee Arms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Thank you for the lovely review of our property. Thank you also for staying with us. We appreciate your review . Have a great day and a great summer.

Pat Sands

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We met up with friends for lunch and we all enjoyed our meals. Chef Patrick does a wonderful job with his menu catering to a wide range of tastes. Our server Michael was very attentive, friendly and a real pleasure to interact with.

Room Tip: Only there for lunch. Did not stay at this Inn.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Pat S, General Manager at Dundee Arms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am happy that you enjoyed your lunch with us. Chef Patrick is a great chef and has been with us for 18 years now and he is a great chef. I will let Micheal know about the great comments. Have a great day and a great Summer and Fall.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

We stayed here for one night in the annex on the third floor. We had a room with a king size bed. The room is quite dark with only one tiny window facing the Inn's patio. It has its own designated parking which was very convenient. The mattress was terrible! It needs to be replaced with a new one! It was far too soft and worn out with "hollow spots". Apparently this does not get checked by management?
We agree wholeheartedly with the other reviews that the air conditioning is far too noisy for a comfortable night's rest. Like one other reviewer, we also asked to have someone check our A/C for noise. Ours was also very dusty with the dust clearly visible between the slats of the A/C!! We were told that the A/C is functioning normally,but after some persistence on our part the unit was cleaned up. Unfortunately it made no difference in noise level and we decided to turn the unit off and sleep with the window open. With the room window facing the patio , this turned out to be noisy as well.
Unfortunately we noticed too late after our check in that our room had a connecting door. I make it a point never to stay in such a room as it lets noise through much more easily from neighbours. This is exactly what happened to us. We had to call front desk and ask them to instruct the neighbour to turn his tv down. We had a very early flight the next morning and needed to get some decent sleep.
The bathroom fan was also very noisy from a vibrating noise. The fan is clearly in need of maintenance, or needs to be replaced with a quiet one.
The tub had mold around it in the caulking and shower head gave little water pressure.
Counter space in bathroom was minimal.
The room size was good and there was a nice long mirror in the hallway. However, we expected more from a room that appears to be much newer and more luxurious in the photos and description. We complained about the poor maintenance of this room to management and explained precisely why we were not happy. They offered a credit towards our room rate. However, this still did not make up for all the inconvenience and disappointment. We would not stay here again and would not recommend this hotel. It is too expensive for what it offers!

Room Tip: Check room before you accept it
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Pat S, General Manager at Dundee Arms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Good Morning,

Thank you for the review of our property.

I am sorry that you had so many issues with the room. I take great pride in the property and I certainly do not like to see guests leave unhappy. The mattresses on all of the beds are high quality which were purchased specifically for comfort. I checked the mattress myself and could find no issues with it.

The shower head has since been replaced and the bathroom fan was noisy and has been fixed. The tiny black spot on the grouting has also been removed and been re-grouted and thank you for letting me know about these issues.

The air conditioners in the annex are large and therefore, they do give off a little more noise than the window installed conditioners, but, at the same time they are great for cooling the rooms. It depends on your tolerance level, for most, it is not an issue.

Please accept my sincerest apologizes for the inconvenience. I appreciate all guests comments whether they are negative or positive and I am committed to making our guests comfortable during their stay.

Tnank you again for the comments.

Have a great and a great summer.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

We were referred to the Dundee Arms Inn by the Holman Grand Hotel and were very disappointed. The Dundee Arms Inn is an older Inn with an annex. Our room was in the annex and it was clean, the bed was comfortable but the air conditioner was extremely noisy. I addressed our concern with the clerk at the front desk and she said she would call in the maintenance person to check the AC and that she would get back to me. We went out for dinner and when we returned the AC was still very noisy and there was no message from the clerk. We ended up unplugging the AC and had to deal with the heat. The other issues we had were a loose toilet seat and we could hear the people in the room next door and the free wi-if was terrible. For $200 per night we expected more.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank landroverOntario
Pat S, General Manager at Dundee Arms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Thank you so much for your comments. I am sorry about the toilet seat and it has been fixed. We did go up and check the air conditioner in your room. and we were informed by your husband that it was quieter now so our front desk person left the room. If I had known that the noise had persisted after your return from dinner I would have been happy to have a refrigeration person look at it for you. It makes me happy to know that our guests are happy with their accommodations.

Thank you for your comments on the cleanliness of our rooms and I am happy that you found the bed was comfortable.

Than you for staying with us and we hope your enjoy the summer season.