All reviews annex room chef patrick separate shower seafood chowder victorian style top floor downtown charlottetown continental breakfast sized bed stayed two nights great place to stay upon check within easy walking distance lovely room anne of green gables room was large prince edward island
Reviewed 23 July 2017

We stayed here for one night in the annex on the third floor. We had a room with a king size bed. The room is quite dark with only one tiny window facing the Inn's patio. It has its own designated parking which was very convenient. The mattress was terrible! It needs to be replaced with a new one! It was far too soft and worn out with "hollow spots". Apparently this does not get checked by management?
We agree wholeheartedly with the other reviews that the air conditioning is far too noisy for a comfortable night's rest. Like one other reviewer, we also asked to have someone check our A/C for noise. Ours was also very dusty with the dust clearly visible between the slats of the A/C!! We were told that the A/C is functioning normally,but after some persistence on our part the unit was cleaned up. Unfortunately it made no difference in noise level and we decided to turn the unit off and sleep with the window open. With the room window facing the patio , this turned out to be noisy as well.
Unfortunately we noticed too late after our check in that our room had a connecting door. I make it a point never to stay in such a room as it lets noise through much more easily from neighbours. This is exactly what happened to us. We had to call front desk and ask them to instruct the neighbour to turn his tv down. We had a very early flight the next morning and needed to get some decent sleep.
The bathroom fan was also very noisy from a vibrating noise. The fan is clearly in need of maintenance, or needs to be replaced with a quiet one.
The tub had mold around it in the caulking and shower head gave little water pressure.
Counter space in bathroom was minimal.
The room size was good and there was a nice long mirror in the hallway. However, we expected more from a room that appears to be much newer and more luxurious in the photos and description. We complained about the poor maintenance of this room to management and explained precisely why we were not happy. They offered a credit towards our room rate. However, this still did not make up for all the inconvenience and disappointment. We would not stay here again and would not recommend this hotel. It is too expensive for what it offers!

Room Tip: Check room before you accept it
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Pat S, General Manager at Dundee Arms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Good Morning,

Thank you for the review of our property.

I am sorry that you had so many issues with the room. I take great pride in the property and I certainly do not like to see guests leave unhappy. The mattresses on all of the beds are high quality which were purchased specifically for comfort. I checked the mattress myself and could find no issues with it.

The shower head has since been replaced and the bathroom fan was noisy and has been fixed. The tiny black spot on the grouting has also been removed and been re-grouted and thank you for letting me know about these issues.

The air conditioners in the annex are large and therefore, they do give off a little more noise than the window installed conditioners, but, at the same time they are great for cooling the rooms. It depends on your tolerance level, for most, it is not an issue.

Please accept my sincerest apologizes for the inconvenience. I appreciate all guests comments whether they are negative or positive and I am committed to making our guests comfortable during their stay.

Tnank you again for the comments.

Have a great and a great summer.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

We were referred to the Dundee Arms Inn by the Holman Grand Hotel and were very disappointed. The Dundee Arms Inn is an older Inn with an annex. Our room was in the annex and it was clean, the bed was comfortable but the air conditioner was extremely noisy. I addressed our concern with the clerk at the front desk and she said she would call in the maintenance person to check the AC and that she would get back to me. We went out for dinner and when we returned the AC was still very noisy and there was no message from the clerk. We ended up unplugging the AC and had to deal with the heat. The other issues we had were a loose toilet seat and we could hear the people in the room next door and the free wi-if was terrible. For $200 per night we expected more.

1  Thank landroverOntario
Pat S, General Manager at Dundee Arms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Thank you so much for your comments. I am sorry about the toilet seat and it has been fixed. We did go up and check the air conditioner in your room. and we were informed by your husband that it was quieter now so our front desk person left the room. If I had known that the noise had persisted after your return from dinner I would have been happy to have a refrigeration person look at it for you. It makes me happy to know that our guests are happy with their accommodations.

Thank you for your comments on the cleanliness of our rooms and I am happy that you found the bed was comfortable.

Than you for staying with us and we hope your enjoy the summer season.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

My wife and I decided to go to the Dundee Arms for breakfast on a recommendation. It should be difficult to destroy such a basic meal but they did. My sausages were overcooked - it seemed like they were cooked sometime before we arrived at 8:30am. My home fries were hard and tasteless. I had the pancakes - no butter offered, and a thimbleful of maple syrup, which I had to ask for another thimbleful to finish. My wife had the eggs benedict and they were also not great.
All in all not a great experience. We had stopped going there for dinner several years ago when the food was bland and the prices high. Avoid this place to eat.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Pat S, General Manager at Dundee Arms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Good Morning,

Thank you for your comments regarding breakfast. I wish I had known at the time of your service and I would not have charged you for the meal. We get wonderful comments regarding our breakfast\brunch menu and we get a lot of referrals from other places who send their guests here. I take great pride in our restaurant and I am deeply disappointed that your breakfast was not up to standards. Please email me at dundeearms@ eastlink.ca with the date of your visit and what your order was for breakfast and I will be happy to compensate you for it. I will speak to the Chef regarding this meal and find out exactly what happened and take the necessary steps to try and avoid a repeat in the future. I am sorry that you had this experience with us and I value all of our guests comments and I do appreciate that you let me know about your experience with us. I hope you will give me the chance to make this up to you. Have a great day and a great summer.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

I recently stayed here for work. The Inn is quite cute, and we were on a ground level room close to our car. After a long day on the road I was looking forward to a hot bath, only to discover that our room only had a stand up shower! Never the less, the bathroom looked newly renovated and the room quite clean.

We had no issue finding the hotel, but upon check in, there was a lady screaming at the poor front desk agent about how hard the Inn was to find and how hard parking was - some people!!! The front desk lady was super sweet to us and had us quickly checked in and on our way.

My only complaint would be the air conditioning. When it was turned on, it was very very loud!!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Pat S, General Manager at Dundee Arms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Thank you so much for the lovely comments. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Next time you reserve make us aware that you need a tub and we will be sure to accommodate your request. Have a great summer season.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

Stayed in the annex , the inn was having all the bedrooms redecorated.
The room was large, the king sized bed as comfortable as you could wish for, furnishings excellent, and as clean as you could hope for. Nothing that I can think of was an issue. Ensuite shower room was similarly large and well equipped.
The continental breakfast served in the inns dining room contained about everything you could wish for. There was even a unit in which you could boil your own eggs should you wish (and yes they supplied the eggs!).
Melanie who checked us in, briefed us on the inn, their parking, looked after us at breakfast and seemed to be everywhere ,was one of those treasures. Long may she stay at the hotel, places need people like her!
So all in all after a 3 night stay my wife and myself left very contented.

Room Tip: I would stay in the annexe at first floor and nearer the street for the best of daylight.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jackoNEEngland
Pat S, General Manager at Dundee Arms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2017

Thank you so much for the nice review. We enjoyed having you here at the Dundee Arms Inn.
Have a great summer and we hope to see you again. Pat Sands