All reviews former convent an executive king suite washer and dryer air exchange finishing touches luxurious rooms writing desk beautiful hotel walk in shower fresh baked goods anne of green gables hot breakfast excellent place to stay frittata every morning banana bread breakfast was included
Reviewed 18 October 2018

If you like a well done niche hotel with an interesting past, this is your place. A closed 1871 schoolhouse restored very nicely with comfort in mind. All the staff we interacted with were gracious and courteous. The included breakfast was well worth the money.

This will be my place to stay when I visit PEI.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GordonM1953, General Manager at Sydney Boutique Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2018

We appreicate you taking the time to write this beautiful review about your stay.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

The Sydney was a very fine hotel. The decor is very fine throughout. The furnishings are top rate. The morning breakfast includes fresh quiche and rolls baked daily. In addition, the location was great for both shopping and restaurants.
I highly recommend the Sydney.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for this lovely review.

We are happy to hear that you think so highly of The Sydney Boutique Inn.
We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 11 October 2018

I had a penthouse luxury unit that advertised a washer and dryer. Although the washer worked, the spin cycle was poor. To make matters worse, the dryer didn't work Dealing with a load of soaking wet clothes was a major inconvenience. While sometimes equipment malfunctions, managements promise to compensate me and then renege was inexcusable. The front desk manager made a lame excuse for failing to follow through with their promise, but dishonesty is dishonesty. The hotel mananagement lacks integrity!!

Room tip: Pick another hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GordonM1953, General Manager at Sydney Boutique Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

Hello Steven,

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that has occurred during your stay with us. I did promise you that we would make sure that we would give a discount on your room stay because of the issue you had with the dryer.

Unfortunately, we then realized that you booked through a third party booking site. This means that we could not make any changes to the reservation due to the policy of this third party booking site. We take full responsibility in not telling you at the exact moment we saw that your booking was done by a third party site.

You have since let me know that you are planning to return twice in the next few months. I want to re-establish again that we have absolutely no problem giving you a discount, as well as a room upgrade on both, stays your planning.

I have mailed you out a complimentary 1-night free gift certificate for all the inconvenience.

We hope you see that The Sydney Boutique Inn & Suites is not a dishonest place and that we a rectifying this mistake that has occurred. This has no reflection on the hard work and positive attitude the staff and management.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

This is such a lovely hotel. It looked well kept and welcoming from the moment we pulled into the parking lot. We have a large vehicle and had no problem parking in the spacious lot.

When I first walked in I was struck by the welcoming reception area. It is small but cozy and charming.

We had an executive king room. It was very spacious, clean and looked classy and inviting. The bed was so comfortable!

It’s in a great location. Just a short walk to downtown and all the restaurants, shops, seaside and theatre.

The only thing I found annoying (and this is so incredibly minor) is that there was no way to set a sleep timer on the TV. This would never even enter my mind as a reason not to stay here again but for those of us that like to go to sleep with the TV on it was a minor annoyance. I’m only mentioning it in the hopes the management takes the feedback into consideration.

I would stay here again without hesitation. I loved it!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GordonM1953, Manager at Sydney Boutique Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 4 October 2018

We very much enjoyed our two-night stay here. The parking was included with the room and there were plenty of parking spaces available. The room was attractive and comfortable. The location was in easy walking distance to sites, restaurants, and downtown shopping. The breakfast was extremely nice...a wonderful selection of tasty treats. We would gladly stay here again on another visit.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GordonM1953, Manager at Sydney Boutique Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Thank you for staying with us! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay!