“Delicious mussels!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Queen Street
Description: THE ISLANDS ONLY YEAR-ROUND OYSTER BAR WITH FRESH LOBSTER TANK.Featuring more than just the best available oysters from PEI, the Claddagh Oyster House is a warm, contemporary dining room located within an historic building in downtown Charlottetown.A Constantly changing menu that features the freshest seafood, premium Island beef, chicken, pasta and more - combined with our extensive wine selections are sure to please.THE CLADDAGH OYSTER HOUSE - MORE THAN JUST GREAT OYSTERS!!
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

This is a beautiful restaurant. It has a cosy atmosphere, in spite of the rather glamorous water feature. The servers were all friendly and helpful and offered a personalised service. I appreciated the recommendations of oysters! The mussels were very tasty and I could have eaten another plate. Thank you for a wonderful evening, Claddagh!

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Just enjoyed an amazing diner ! Go ! It’s delicious... I had oysters YUMMMMM ! Hubby had lobster and tuna crab cakes YUMMMMM! I had a lobster with Irish mashed potatoes and he had the sea food linguine ! YOU MUST GO !!!!!

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

On our first visit to Prince Edward Island we selected Claddagh from Trip Advisor reviews and we are so glad we did! Everything was perfect.
We called for reservations late on a busy (Dominion Day/Independence Day) week and were advised that they could save seats at the bar. When we arrived we were seated at the bar, but Ben at the bar (who makes a mean Side Car) advised us that if we waited a few more minutes we might have a table rather than pressing us to eat at the bar. He continued to serve us and was delightful as were his colleagues.
I have a difficult to accommodate allergy to alliums but not only did they prepare an incredible meal for me but they convinced me to try the escargot (without garlic, of course) that I had never thought I would be able to eat and it was wonderful as they prepared it! With reservations, my husband had the oysters Rockefeller on their recommendation and raved about them. Our main courses were equally memorable as was the date cake dessert but I am sinking into a food stupor and must stop writing.
We have eaten in many Michelin starred restaurants and I can say that only the French Laundry exceeded our experience here. Love this restaurant.
The only fly in the ointment was a lack of a fine red wine by the glass. I am from Detroit and am a big fan of wines produced in our region but a Pelee Island Cabernet can’t possibly be the only Cabernet Sauvignon on this menu.

2  Thank Darcyclinton
Reviewed 3 July 2018

Claddaghs is one of the more upscale restaurants in Charlottetown but the price is justified by the quality of food, flavours and superb service. I was very impressed with our waiter - wish I remembered his name because he really went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. My only complaint was the sauteed kale that came with my main was extremely salty, so much so that I couldn't eat it - I should have said something as I'm sure they would have happily replaced it. My husband's main dish was one of the ones competing in PEI's annual seafood competition and it was absolutely amazing (although I could see why some other reviews were complaining that it is expensive for the amount of food you get).

1  Thank Sarah K
Reviewed 2 July 2018

My wife and I live in Baltimore and are used to great seafood. The mussels here are the best that we have ever had anywhere in the world. My wife is a VERY tough customer. The place was crowded so the only reservation that we could get was early. The food was great and the service friendly. Try the mussels, please!