“overpriced..and terrible food”

Cuisines: Indian
Neighbourhood: Walkerville
Neighbourhood: Walkerville
Reviewed 12 February 2017

i dropped in one rainy friday afternoon. the meal tasted terrible, the portion was small, the service was fine.

1  Thank infini808

Reviewed 19 January 2017

The best Indian food in Windsor. So yummy and fresh. I have found the service to be a little slow sometimes if you dine in though.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

The food was okay but the spices were all in the wrong places. The customer service was good but wished that people won't open "indian restaurants" if they have flavours of Thailand or Iran.

1  Thank Rohan_ON
Reviewed 19 July 2016

I wish there were a rating between "average" and "very good." I'd give this place a "good." The place is decorated with family sports trophies and plastic flowers, but I care more about food quality than decor, so this doesn't put me off. Service can be extremely slow, as they are often understaffed. That being said, once your food does arrive, it's tasty.
Everything I've ordered here has been delicious. I've tasted the nan, the stuffed breads and the puri. I usually get yogourt on the side, and it tastes homemade: tangy and not too thick.
Partner ordered mulligatawny to start; my appetizer was onion bhaji. Both were good. My entree was vegetable balti, and again it was very tasty. The rice is fluffy and delicious.
I would go back.

Reviewed 30 April 2016

Unhygienic food-preparation, handling and storing are inherent in Indian culture and specifically for those who are from India. Unfortunately they find it difficult to get rid of that tradition, even though sometimes some of them happen to live in some other relatively more civilized and modern countries. I urge those of you who go to eat at Indian Palace Restaurant on Ottawa, Windsor to dig up on their kitchen's conditions and records of compliances with local laws and regulations pertaining to health, I bet, you will not dine there again. I went there a couple of times, I noticed they don't wash their hands when they come from the wash room. You try to see it for your self.

1  Thank ecom2u