“Better Than Average”

Cuisines: Indian
Neighbourhood: Walkerville
Neighbourhood: Walkerville
Reviewed 19 July 2016

I wish there were a rating between "average" and "very good." I'd give this place a "good." The place is decorated with family sports trophies and plastic flowers, but I care more about food quality than decor, so this doesn't put me off. Service can be extremely slow, as they are often understaffed. That being said, once your food does arrive, it's tasty.
Everything I've ordered here has been delicious. I've tasted the nan, the stuffed breads and the puri. I usually get yogourt on the side, and it tastes homemade: tangy and not too thick.
Partner ordered mulligatawny to start; my appetizer was onion bhaji. Both were good. My entree was vegetable balti, and again it was very tasty. The rice is fluffy and delicious.
I would go back.

Reviewed 30 April 2016

Unhygienic food-preparation, handling and storing are inherent in Indian culture and specifically for those who are from India. Unfortunately they find it difficult to get rid of that tradition, even though sometimes some of them happen to live in some other relatively more civilized and modern countries. I urge those of you who go to eat at Indian Palace Restaurant on Ottawa, Windsor to dig up on their kitchen's conditions and records of compliances with local laws and regulations pertaining to health, I bet, you will not dine there again. I went there a couple of times, I noticed they don't wash their hands when they come from the wash room. You try to see it for your self.

2  Thank ecom2u
Reviewed 5 March 2016 via mobile

Not many places in windsor for Indian food and this is the best! They have great veggie options, lamb and chicken with great Naan variety. Affordable prices too!

1  Thank Mark M
Reviewed 27 February 2016 via mobile

Food is excellent. I got Lamb Korma & my son got Chicken Curry & husband got Palace Biryani (rice w/lamb & chicken). Everything is a la carte. We have to order breads & rice separate. The medium spice level is not to hot and not bland, so to me a true medium. The platter of rice is enough for two& the naan & roti are fair sized.

I found my lamb well cooked & spiced. The biryani got rave reviews & the chicken curry was great to a teenage boy.

Waited 1-1/2 hours almost for food. The kitchen is either disorganized or they were understaffed. The one waitress was working as fast as possible but finally joined by another. I know it's family run, but need to step it up. The stars are strictly for the food.

Reviewed 23 December 2015

First off, I would like to say it was awesome that they offered English descriptions for their dishes as I had no real idea what they were otherwise.

To start, my friend and I ordered an appetizer. The dish was a plate of chickpea batter coated potatoes that came with a sweet red sauce and a coriander topping. They were crispy and perfectly fried and both condiments were tasty and fresh.

I ordered the Punjabi Aloo with an Onion Naan. Absolutely delicious! The Naan bread was so flavourful and there was just the right amount of onion flavour. The Punjabi Aloo which was a Potato dish, was so flavourful and the spice blend was amazing. Really warmed you up from the inside out.

My only complaints were that the service was fairly slow and the portions were small but the price wasn't high so it was fairly worthwhile.

Overall, the food was great and there was a wide selection of Vegetarian dishes to choose from! Definitely worth a visit, slow service or not!