“Fantastic!”
Review of Sweet T's Soul Cookin' - CLOSED

Sweet T's Soul Cookin'
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Wasn't quite sure what to expect but we were really surprised with the quality of the food. Apparently owned by the same people that own Smoke and Spice (one of our favourite places) so we decided to try Sweet T's before heading across the border for a concert.

The menu is not huge which means they can spend time perfecting what they do have. I ordered the Chicken and Waffles and it was such a fantastic meal. The chicken was piping hot and the batter was absolutely wonderful. The waffle was so light and fluffy which you needed to balance the chicken. And the smoked maple syrup... I could drink a vat of that stuff.

We all enjoyed the food and atmosphere very much and will return again soon. Service was great as well.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

My wife and I having visited Windsor ON for the first time turned to Tripadvisor for places to eat and this place stuck out. So we went on many reviews and weren't disappointed. We shared a a couple of things,the beef smoked meatloaf over mashed and of course the chicken and waffles. Well who would have thought that both were very tasty and delicious. The chicken and waffles were the bomb and highly recommended.
The staff and service was excellent(who also directed us over to Smoke and Spice, their other place..review to come later) We will be going back to both this place and the beautiful city of Windsor.TIP..Fortunately we were able to find a place to park on the street but otherwise parking could have been an issue

Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

I am a huge fan of both this place, and their other restaurant Smoke and Spice. The chicken here is amazing, best I've had in the city! The staff is always very friendly, and the decor is nice. Ottawa street is also a very nice area, with lots of little shops nearby. If you are visiting the city, or from the city and looking to try somewhere new, go here. I recommend the chicken and waffles, amazing.

Reviewed 11 September 2012

I have often heard of this combination of "chicken and waffles" but I had never tried it. It sounded like an odd combination to me. My daughter and I both ordered it. The price is just $13.00. After trying it, I think both items are best on their own...but OMG! were they ever delicious! The waffles came with kind of a smoky tasting maple syrup. Sounds strange but tasted delicious.
And the chicken! Apparently they "brine" it which makes it crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside!
I have never gotten excited about fried chicken before!
THIS is what KFC wishes it could be!!!
We will be back!
If you are visiting Windsor try this restaurant....

1  Thank Blonde4ever000
Reviewed 14 August 2012 via mobile

A great addition to Ottawa street. The fried chicken and waffles is just fantastic. Well designed dining room, with a cool atmosphere. Service was great and prices were reasonable. Wish they had a patio however. A few more beers on tap would be nice too.