“Disappointing at Best”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I must say I was shocked at the quality of food served at Nero's. I had heard good things and assumed between the price and location it was a guaranteed good meal. My boyfriend had filet with lobster mac and cheese and the mac and cheese was visibly dry looking. Whoever plated as well as served that mac and cheese could definitely see that it was not of acceptable quality. I had prime rib and a baked potato which was served on 2 separate, large dinner plates. Strange way to serve the meal. The prime rib was fine but had an odd tasting crust to it. This is personal preference of course but I do frequently order prime rib and have never tasted that flavour on it before. The potato was massive and just cooked enough to say yes its cooked. If this we a $25 meal it would be acceptable but I believe for $42 the meal should have been pulled together better. I am genuinly surprised that I have heard so many peopke rave about this place. I did not use any dining credits from the casino for this meal and went to the casino specifically to try Nero's and will not be returning.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

First time eating here. Drinks, appetizers were great. My companion ordered the Lobster/Seafood tagliatelle, which was very good. I ordered a ribeye, rare. It came out closer to medium. Our server, Andrea, immediately ordered me a new steak, which came out perfectly. We will return to eat here again for sure!

CaesarsDiana, Front Office Manager at Nero's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Hello
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your experience at Neros. Were happy that you enjoyed your visit and glad to hear your meal and service were in line with our standards of service. See you soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Been to many Steakhouse restaurants but Neros does steak the best! Loved the Wednesday night steak and seafood special. Great value on the specials offered!
Service was impressive and atmosphere excellent!

CaesarsDiana, Front Office Manager at Nero's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Thank you for the Great review. We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

If this Caesar was the namesake for Nero's Steakhouse they should have been more careful about a choice of names. Great location, great decor. What could disappoint? Lukewarm food on 4 occasions and lacklustre service 3 times. Gave away a complimentary dinner voucher given to us after a very disappointing evening thinking we had "had our fill" of a restaurant which caters to the horde of Casino visitors who don't have a lot of dining options. They need to stop "fiddling" around with the basics of a good restaurant before their reputation is irrevocably "burned".

1  Thank Hermes05
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Made reservations wks ago. Arrived few minutes early. Table was next to kitchen entrance. No view of anything except for very able to watch our server fly by our table dozens of times. Never looked or slowed to ask if we needed another glass of water let alone another glass of wine. Salad came quick. But took 45 minutes to get the steak and fish entrees we ordered. Steak temp was luke warm and grainy. Fish was good. We could talk and be heard easy. We even had lowered our voices. Should be romantic setting, but i told a friend Rome burned quicker under Nero than time it took for our simple meal.

CaesarsDiana, Manager at Nero's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Hello

This is not the experience we expect at Neros, we would like the opportunity to serve you again. I have submitted a private message and would like to speak with you further at your convenience.

Thank you for taking time to provide us feedback.

Been to Nero's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!