“Acceptable ”

Ranked #1,194 of 9,690 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

Went with husband and baby. We sat outside which was pleasant.

Food great for the price - standard pub grub with extensive all day breakfast offering.

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Monday to Friday, from 7:00-11:00am., Grenadier has 3 eggs, bacon, toast and home fries for $3.99. What a deal.

Avoid the $1.99 takeout coffee/$2.49 bottomless cup dining room coffee...just not good.

The restaurant inside is tired and outdated, but the service is quick even though this time period is very busy....expect lineups before 11:00am.

Service in the dining room.

Line up to pay first and eat in an adjacent area or on the patio ...... servers will bring your meal to your table.

The plain, faded outdoor patio with some tree-shaded tables and umbrellas has seen better days...the whole place inside and out is begging for a refresh.

The surroundings, however, are the greenery and colour of High Park.

After breakfast, you can walk to the carefully manicured, formal garden surrounding a large, square fountain pool beside a trellis area of beautiful hanging flowers.... or check out the zoo down the hill (yaks, bison, emus, capybaras, peacocks, reindeer, African goats) ....or stroll along Grenadier Pond.

Overall, worth a visit, especially before 11:00 am, weekdays.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

Enjoyed a nice breakfast on a beautiful day. We sat on the patio and enjoyed the beautiful blue sky and warm summer air.

You order at the counter and they bring your breakfast to you. The breakfast entrees were prepared as ordered and everything was tasty and delicious. The server bring our food was friendly and took time to take our picture.

We struggled with the bees and hornets on the patio but we took a couple of empty jelly packets and placed them on a table next to us and they enjoyed the sugary breakfast and we enjoyed ours as they then left us alone.

A great way to start your exploring of High Park.

Reviewed 19 August 2016

I used to visit this cafe several years ago where there was always a long linebto place your order. However, I was glad to wait in the lne to enjoy their French onion soup and excellent coffee. Yesterday, I visited the cafe for the first time in several years and I was surprised that it was almost empty. I ordered an ice lattee for $4.80 and I found it terrible. I took it back to the attendant who told me this is the best ice latte I could get. When I informed him that I have tried ice lattee in several places around the world and theirs is certainly not the "best", he just turned his back to me. However, another attendant offered me a refund. Overall, I know why the number of guests has significantly declined.

1  Thank Sam D
Reviewed 10 August 2016

Great menu choices but there is always a line up..even to just to get a beverage. They need to set up a separate cashier for beverages/ice cream only to move people in & out quickly.