“Recovering After Court”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 7 September 2017

After being passed over for jury duty and given a 3-year pass, I decided a celebration was in order. Toasted the court staff with a Stone Delicious IPA (IBR 75) and a Thai curry. The two complemented each other, but the beer was a little too "hoppy" for my taste. Have made a pledge to keep the IBR <50. Recently renovated, I thought I was in the wrong pub until the pleasant server confirmed the changes. I will return the next time I am downtown.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Went here for a work lunch. The restaurant has undergone some renovations and changes to staff. While the ambiance was nice, the wait time was not. Two orders were completely forgotten in our group of 16, but fortunately there were plenty of appetizers. While I found the menu limited, I expected those ordered select items to be top drawer. We ordered the calamari, chicken wings, edamame, sweet potato fries and the P&K dip. I found the wings, dip and fries to be tasty but was not satisfied with the Zen bowl (taste) or the P&K dip. No one had alcohol so I can't comment on that. I may be back to see if they have worked out their newbie jitters, but at present, the value to price is not to my taste.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

I love this place, I work in the building, I've literally been over a hundred times. It recently had a face lift and it looks awesome. The drink deals are great, they have rotating craft taps which are really ahead of the curve. The food is great, good solid pub fare.

The issue for years, has been the service and continues to be the slowest service. I'll be back again, but honestly, the only reason myself and my work colleagues continue to explore other options is the service.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

You know the saying... when a woman says something is fine... well... it's not :)

Yes, I could have said it was ok but it's really not even that.

The combination of bad service, terrible food (super soggy lettuce in the PP salad and burnt toast on the club sandwhich, which only came with two pieces of bread so can't be a "club") and warm white wine (in the Summer!!! on the patio!!!) can receive a ranking of "ok".

For reader clarification (and TripAdvisor rankings), OK=poor, FINE=terrible ;)

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Food at Pogue Mahone is delicious, were with a group of six and everyone was completely satisfied with our orders. Portions are of a good size, I had one of their burgers and fries and could barely eat it all. Sat on the outdoor patio overlooking the street and it was people watching while you eat, can't get better entertainment than that.