“Been here a hundred times - service kills the rating”

Pogue Mahone Pub & Kitchen
Ranked #3,533 of 8,899 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 24 August 2017

I love this place, I work in the building, I've literally been over a hundred times. It recently had a face lift and it looks awesome. The drink deals are great, they have rotating craft taps which are really ahead of the curve. The food is great, good solid pub fare.

The issue for years, has been the service and continues to be the slowest service. I'll be back again, but honestly, the only reason myself and my work colleagues continue to explore other options is the service.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

You know the saying... when a woman says something is fine... well... it's not :)

Yes, I could have said it was ok but it's really not even that.

The combination of bad service, terrible food (super soggy lettuce in the PP salad and burnt toast on the club sandwhich, which only came with two pieces of bread so can't be a "club") and warm white wine (in the Summer!!! on the patio!!!) can receive a ranking of "ok".

For reader clarification (and TripAdvisor rankings), OK=poor, FINE=terrible ;)

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Food at Pogue Mahone is delicious, were with a group of six and everyone was completely satisfied with our orders. Portions are of a good size, I had one of their burgers and fries and could barely eat it all. Sat on the outdoor patio overlooking the street and it was people watching while you eat, can't get better entertainment than that.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

We ordered wings for lunch, took forever to get food even we were there super early, and the wings were just ok.

Gave another try, fish and chips were over cooked, you could have cut steak with the butter ...

If you are going fir a quick drink, it's an ok place conveniently located at College Park.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

fish taco tasted really good and was served very cute! calamari was over spiced and not good at all. service was ok. the music was super loud and I couldn't hear the person beside me.