“Delicious polish food and great atmosphere”
Review of Czehoski - CLOSED

Czehoski
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Cross street: Queen and Bathurst
Transit: The 501 street car runs 24 hours, with stops at Palmerston and Niagara.
Description: Czehoski is a restaurant / bar located in the trendy Queen West neighborhood. The food focus is on classic comfort cuisine with a contemporary twist. Known for our extensive cocktail list and date-worthy atmosphere.
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Trendy polish food. Unbelievable perogies. A little pricey but likely the best I've ever had. Amazing service/friendly staff. Amazing atmosphere. Will go back.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I was walking a lot on Queen St West, a great street for exploring, and I needed a beer. I dropped in, asked 'Can I get a beer here?', and pretty soon I was sitting in the window seat, admiring the view, and drinking a chilled wheat beer. Great beer, great service. There is a really nice patio as well. I didn't eat so can't comment on the food, but the setting, the ambience and the beer were great. Thank you, Czehoski!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We ate at Czehoski while we were on a business trip--excellent food and good portions! We had a chance to chat with the chef and sous chef, both of whom talked about their new menu and seasonal dishes. I really enjoyed the food and the ambiance.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We travelled approximately 30 miles through rush hour traffic to get to Czeholski on Queen Street West, Toronto. Arriving exactly on time for our reservation we advised the waiter that we had a groupon coupon for two and was advised that because of Summerlicious they weren't honoring the groupon coupons that we had already paid for. So we ordered from the menu. I ordered schnitzel and it was horrible. It was so overcooked and stale it was almost impossible to cut. The salad was nondescript. Some wilted lettuce and two cherry tomatoes. My partners cabbage roll was not memorable and meatless. The dessert was a blueberry perogie thing and the perogies were tough and old. We now have no time left to use our groupon and wouldn't go back anyway. The waitress was nice but told us there was no point in speaking with the manager regarding the groupon because other people that day had already tried to argue the point.

2  Thank Elizabeth H
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The food is dreadful. On the recommendation of a review in Toronto Life, we tried this restaurant, interestedin the Polish themed cuisine. The perogies were made with ground beef (!) that was at once dried out and watery, and the perogy dough was dry and tasteless, as if it was made the day before. The cabbage rolls were tasteless, and better potato salad could be foudn at a supermarket. The blueberry perogies we had for desert were made with a cheap pie mix. It is supposed to be Polish themed, with authentic cooks, but the food was an embarrassment to the notion of Polish food. I cannot understand why anyone would recommend the food here when there are so many good restaurants in Toronto. It might work as a bar, but do not go for the food.

2  Thank 1JSS1