“Not Your Ordianry Cheesecke”

Uncle Tetsu's Cheese Cake
Ranked #4 of 140 Bakeries in Toronto
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 4 February 2017

This was my first try of Uncle Tetsu's Cheesecake. Long wait, limit on what you can buy, nice packaging. As everyone else writes, very light without a dense cream cheese taste, I would have like a pronounced vanilla flavour. This cheesecake is worth trying even if just to compare to others for instance - The Cheesecake Factory.

Reviewed 2 February 2017

This isn't standard North American cheesecake at all, it is more like European cheese cake. Not as sweet and heavy as the North American kind, but very delicious.

Reviewed 25 January 2017

This was my first time trying an Uncle Tetsu cheesecake and it was definitely worth the wait! The cheesecake was creamy and delicious but not like a normal cheesecake. The Madelines were also very good.

Date of visit: December 2016
1  Thank Ithil1259
Reviewed 18 January 2017

Coming from someone who doesn't really like cheesecake, I was really impressed. My boyfriend and I decided to pick up an original cheesecake (came to $10 even) last night when we noticed there wasn't a line like there usually it. We wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Not like any cheesecake I've had, very light and fluffy without being too richy. I can see why people love it so much!

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Questionable "cheesecake". Tasted ok but really more about hype. Really cool box and bag to carry away tiny cheescake. Still worth the experience. Havent tried it warm....we walked back to hotel and chilled the cake before eating. Tasted like soft spongy eggs cake with a hint of cream cheese flavour....barely a hint. Mostly egg tasting.

Date of visit: December 2016