“It's good but not for the price”
Review of GEORGE Restaurant

GEORGE Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
GEORGE Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 9,450 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$51 - US$120
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Queen and Church
Transit: We are located at 111C Queen Street East, between Church and Jarvis on the south side of Queen. The closest subway stop is Queen. George is about a ten minute walk east from the station.
Reviewed 4 February 2017

At George, they try hard. They seem committed to improving the food experience. And, they do a good job. Dishes are tasty, attractive, and varied. But they aren't really special. And, at these prices, I expect them to be. Which is the Toronto conundrum. Am I going there because of what I'll accept or what I expect? For me, I expect more from George.

Reviewed 4 February 2017

Arrogant and un-compassionate management and feels they are above the common people.
First time for us and we looked at lot of reviews to pick George. Nice interior, good server. Picked chef's special 5 course tasting menu and 4th course got a hair in the bean gravy with steak. Server took the meal back and had the general manager bring another similar steak and said sorry and walked away and by that time my apetite was done. At the very least talk to your customer and help understand their current state and then determine next steps. It soured the taste for us, we paid our $330 meal for 2 and came back little disappointed, it seems this is pretty common in this restaurant and they think its ok. Way to ruin someone's special evening.
Came home and I am writing next day this blog, my wife got food poisoning and have been nauseated all night and have fever. That just gets to me and hence the review.

2  Thank Gurmin K
Reviewed 30 January 2017

We walked to this restaurant after seeing an opera matinee at the Four Seasons Centre. The atmosphere is inviting, the food is delicious, and the service is wonderful. George is a real jewel.

Reviewed 29 January 2017

We went to George for our anniversary and had the 7 course tasting menu. Everything was delicious, perfectly cooked, and like nothing we've had at any other restaurant. Myself and my fiancee each got different dishes so we could each try a wider variety of food. My fiancee is also allergic to shellfish and they were very accommodating. The service was excellent and waiters were very attentive. Yes, it is expensive but it was a unique experience for us on a special occasion.

Reviewed 28 January 2017

Service was excellent as was the food. Just a little pricey for me to eat there regularly.
The decor was nice and cozy.