“Great food Great Ambiance; All adds up to Excellent”
Review of GEORGE Restaurant

GEORGE Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
GEORGE Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 9,239 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$51 - US$120
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Queen and Church
Transit: We are located at 111C Queen Street East, between Church and Jarvis on the south side of Queen. The closest subway stop is Queen. George is about a ten minute walk east from the station.
Reviewed 27 January 2017

We were there just before Christmas and had a five course meal. I wasn't to crazy about eating a five course meal, but the portions were small enough that you didn't feel stuffed after three courses. The wine pairings were excellent and the food was outstanding. Each course was first class.

Reviewed 25 January 2017

I am almost certain that most everyone in the Restaurant was having the Tasting Menu, which is offered in 5, 7 or 10 course options. We had the 10 course option which was a fantastic though somewhat grueling experience especially for my Teenage Girls. Everything was well done and the Foie Gras, Lobster and Wild Boar were standouts. One unique feature is that each pair of Diners would have different courses, so effectively doubling the offerings. The only criticism I had was that the accompanying vegetables although beautifully arranged seem overly complex in amount, colors and flavors. Service was professional with appropriate descriptions of the course offering. Well priced for what you get, but better for Special Occasions or Holidays.

2  Thank KeokiHangLoose
Reviewed 23 January 2017

I went here with my husband for our anniversary last year. We had a great experience. Both my husband and I are vegetarian and we were very pleased with our meal. They had a vegetarian menu which offered plenty of selection for each of us to order different meals from each other so we could try a variety of items. The quality of food and service here was amazing. The presentation was beautiful too. I would definitely recommend this to anyone celebrating a special occasion.

Reviewed 20 January 2017

Had the best meal I've ever eaten in Toronto in this charming restaurant. We ate from the tasting menu where each dish was unique and introduced us to some things that were quite new to us. The service was impeccable and each course was quietly and unobtrusively explained. Two members of our party had been to the restaurant several times before, one of whom is a chef and he was totally intrigued by each dish, especially the boar which was a new experience for him. Each course came with a different wine, perfectly selected by our sommelier, Ian, to suit each dish, ending with a fabulous port and then a digestif.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

This place never disappoints- have been here 7 times and the food/service is consistently amazing.

George serves great food in an atmosphere that is authentic and real. They make you feel very comfortable with out being to uptight or arrogant/snobby.

Wine pairings have always been fantastic. This is a great date spot, a great place to take/impress clients and a great place to have a really great dinner.

I have never ordered off the menue- just the tasting menue -Always great value, always perfectly executed food.