“Fantastic restaurant with great ambience!”
Review of GEORGE Restaurant

GEORGE Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
GEORGE Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 9,039 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$51 - US$120
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Queen and Church
Transit: We are located at 111C Queen Street East, between Church and Jarvis on the south side of Queen. The closest subway stop is Queen. George is about a ten minute walk east from the station.
Reviewed 23 January 2017

I went here with my husband for our anniversary last year. We had a great experience. Both my husband and I are vegetarian and we were very pleased with our meal. They had a vegetarian menu which offered plenty of selection for each of us to order different meals from each other so we could try a variety of items. The quality of food and service here was amazing. The presentation was beautiful too. I would definitely recommend this to anyone celebrating a special occasion.

Reviewed 20 January 2017

Had the best meal I've ever eaten in Toronto in this charming restaurant. We ate from the tasting menu where each dish was unique and introduced us to some things that were quite new to us. The service was impeccable and each course was quietly and unobtrusively explained. Two members of our party had been to the restaurant several times before, one of whom is a chef and he was totally intrigued by each dish, especially the boar which was a new experience for him. Each course came with a different wine, perfectly selected by our sommelier, Ian, to suit each dish, ending with a fabulous port and then a digestif.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

This place never disappoints- have been here 7 times and the food/service is consistently amazing.

George serves great food in an atmosphere that is authentic and real. They make you feel very comfortable with out being to uptight or arrogant/snobby.

Wine pairings have always been fantastic. This is a great date spot, a great place to take/impress clients and a great place to have a really great dinner.

I have never ordered off the menue- just the tasting menue -Always great value, always perfectly executed food.

Reviewed 10 January 2017

The ambiance was terrific and the service was excellent. The food was of excellent quality although the main course menu was very limited. I got the impression that the restaurant would prefer you to try the tasting menu but the problem is that they don't tell you what they are going to serve and there are specific things that my wife and I don't like, for example, shellfish and goat cheese so we are never going to sign a blank cheque. The restaurant is a bit on the pricey side so I would save it for a special occasion. I had chosen it to celebrate my wife's birthday and she really enjoyed it.

Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

I visited Toronto for my filming, found this place close to my hotel.. first of all , impressive decor.. friendly staff!! I had this beef tenderloin that came along rapini and shiitake from their course menu!!! Wish I was camera person , should have taken pics, but looks superb and delicious even more... i tried their pistachio blonde, ah man what a Taste!!! If u go Toronto ,visit this fine dining place!!! Waiting to go Toronto and visit this place again. Cheers !!!