“Pre show dinner with my son”
Review of Taverna Mercatto

Taverna Mercatto
Ranked #255 of 9,440 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$14 - US$65
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Description: A perfect spot for a patio drink and snack before a game or concert, this beautifully designed space is close to both the ACC and Rogers Center.
Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

We were lucky to get a table as we did not have a reservation but someone who did did-not show! We always try to find restaurants that are not part of a chain; especially for special events. The calamari was ok but a little rubbery and our entree came before we were even half way through the appetizer. My tagliatelle with braised duck rage was amazing however my adult son had the carbonara and although it was tasty, the portion was extremely small. Pasta is fairly inexpensive to make so that was very disappointing. In the end, I shared mine. We will probably give it one more try. The wait staff were very friendly.

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

I took my team for a celebration lunch and we were provided with a private room just for us and only reserved the day before. The waiter was very knowledgeable and friendly and nothing was too much. Appetizers were delish especially the beet salad. Had the oreccheta with fennel sausage, and rapini. Amazing!!! Truffle fries are also fantastic. All in all delish food, great service, great atmosphere and reasonable prices for a team outing. Will be back for sure.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

Easy walk from the CN Tower and in a bustling district, this is a great bar where it's actually possible to talk - and hear. Great selection of local brews, decent pub grub, nice linen-tablecloth dining area and excellent, attentive service. A new fave!

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

Went for dinner with 7 colleagues and it was great. Fantastic wine list and excellent food. Tried the calamari and Arctic char and both were very tasty. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

Very busy and noisey with tables in close proximity to each other. The food was excellent and the service good.