“Best Gnocchi Ever!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Great place to have dinner with family. Charming atmosphere. Recommend to seat by the fire place it's beautiful. We had a Trio Fish (Italian Sebas, Salmon and shrimp), Gnocchi (the best I ever had), pan cotta was unbelievable good! The service was Great!!

2  Thank Marcela P

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Starts with the owner at the door, a smile and a table no matter how busy they are. We had a decent sized group, and from the orders thru to the desserts everything swam in personal service.

1  Thank MacDonald M
Reviewed 14 August 2017

I've been going to Fieramosca for years and can say I'm never disappointed. The staff is always welcoming and professional and the owner is friendly and engaging. I was there Saturday night and had an amazing time. The food was incredible, especially the pasta carbonara, a MUST try when you go to Fieramosca. Consistently one of the best restaurants in Toronto.

1  Thank Linboni
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Dined at Trattoria Fieramosca Thursday, August 10th based on location and reviews. My daughter and I had independently been to Toronto a few times this summer. I wanted her to experience Yorkville so I suggested this restaurant as we both enjoy Italian cuisine. As per most other reviews, we found the food to be tasty. The atmosphere is lovely. If you want the patio, book ahead. It looked beautiful but was full. The "welcome" bruschetta was appreciated and yummy. The wait staff, excepting our main waiter, were obliging and attentive as per each of their roles. Unfortunately we were seated in the middle room with a waiter who seemed disinterested in our business. There was no welcome, no attempt to exchange any pleasantries or to engage with us beyond the bare minimum of presenting the menu and taking orders. His robotic rendition of the menu features was followed by taking our drink order with our food order. This was after we sat and waited for "someone" to come and ask if we would like to order a beverage. I always enjoy having a glass of wine to sip while I contemplate the menu choices or wait for the food. The gentleman appeared to "scoff" at our "by the glass wine" choices. Observations of his interaction with other diners was either quite friendly as they appeared to be regulars or less valued as per our experience. Other waiters (not bus staff) stopped to fill our water glasses. We sat for 1/2 hour after the plates were cleared and we had asked for the bill before he returned to deliver the it. The "icing on the cake" occurred when we were settling the bill. We paid the main tab on Visa but had chosen to leave cash for the tip. When the machine was handed back to him he said, "There is no gratuity on here." We always tip wait staff, hair stylists, aestheticians, etc.. Again, other support staff were friendly and obliging. It was unfortunate that this waiter did not seem to value the "tourist business" who do not want the most expensive item on the menu. We skipped dessert at the Trattoria and went to the beautiful Park Hyatt Hotel's Roof Top lounge for dessert and coffee. Would like to say that I would come back but I won't. There are many other Italian restaurants to choose from in the area. Check out some of those reviews and choose one of them. This restaurant would have received a higher overall rating from me if we had experienced different service.

2  Thank Linda H
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I was looking for a great spaghetti bolognese for dinner on trip advisor and Trottoria Fieramosca came out.

I didn't make reservations, just went there. As soon as I entered the waiter with his shirt opened until his chest stared at me and asked "what do you want?". Isn't it the best way to receive your customers? NO. They had a few tables in use.

I asked for a table and he gave me the table and menu. After a few minutes another waiter, this time a polite one, asked if I wanted something to drink and offered me water. I was wondering how long it would take to someone ask me it. I took a glass of wine and place my order. The spaghetti wasn't at the menu but talking to the polite waiter told me they could arrange it for me.

I didn't order any starters. They serve bread and another Italian starter as a courtesy. Few minutes later the food arrive with a very polite girl but as soon as left another unpleasant waiter smelling cigarettes made me bag for a little more Parmesan cheese. The pasta was really good. The environment is amazing and reminds good old classics Italians restaurants from Tuscany.

As soon I as still gave them the tip the cigarette smelling waiter laughed with another one. I don't even known why did I STILL GAVE THEM TIP.

It looks like they have a good food But there is no one to supervise the rude staff, they just do whatever they want. They actually discussed in the bar one time. There is a lot of Italians in Toronto and a few meters far from Trattoria Fieramosca. I'm not comig back.