“Authentic restaurant”

Ranked #1,481 of 9,243 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighbourhood: West End
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 28 August 2016

Felt like I was eating in Buenos Aires in this authentic Argentinian grill. Quality of food was great as was the service and wine selection. Slightly out of the way but great dining experience at reasonable prices.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

The portions are small and the dishes are expensive. If you do not accept this; you are likely to be disappointed.
That being said, the quality and magnetism of everything is exceptional.

The octopus was excellent, with multiple different tastes, including pickled mustard seeds, mini tomatoes etc it was not at all chewy, but soft and tasteful. We have tasted many octopus dishes and this is up there with the best.
The ricotta starter, was unusual, with spicy oil, mushrooms, a good combination of textures, very rich.

The beef ribs were excellent both tender and full of taste.
The lamb brochette/skewer was beautifully tender and rich in soft lamb tastes. However, I forewarn you, it was small
Both of these were accompanied by small pots of different relish/sources you could add – nothing out of the ordinary here.

We hand French fries which were small portions but well done, and the burnt eggplant, which is a particular taste but we enjoyed it, again unusual.

Wines are quite expensive but nevertheless a good selection.

Service was very good, and informed.

We sat out on the patio which was lovely.

Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

I have been here several times and each time I have had a lot of fun. My clients and friends also love this place.

You absolutely have to order the giant tomahawk steak. Top 5 steaks I have eaten in my life and I have been to a lot of steak houses.

I also like that the premium liquor isn't marked up much. Great deals on the single malts and wine.

Service was done in a casual, and fun but very knowledgeable and passionate about the food and menu.

Patio is awesome.

I will return!

Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

The place is nice and cozy, the service is very good. We were 8 individuals and so had a set menu, which was delicious. The food took a while to start coming in but once it did it was good in speed. They were generous with their portions. The mushroom was particularly delicious, all other appetizers were great. The steak served was very tender and easy to eat.

Recommend this place for sure!

1  Thank ialmouaswas
Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

Headed to Branca for a Friday night feast. Fabulous dinner. The wood fired cooking brings out the flavours of meat and it is so tender. We started with artichokes and octopus which was the best octopus I have eaten ever. Mains of lamb and beef short ribs to share which were grilled to perfection. Sides of Ontario asparagus and and a 'burnt' onion drizzled with balsamic and blue cheese. I rarely order dessert but we had two homemade ones ( note not Dufflet) and they were fabulous. We sat outside on the patio and it was pleasant. Service was efficient. A unique and inspired menu. Pricing a bit on the high end but really not for what you get. There are too many restaurants in Toronto serving mediocre food and charging too much for it. I'd rather pay $30 for something different and great than $22 for (yawn) same food every other place is dishing out.