“Love the pizza”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Etobicoke
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Lovely family restaurant with huge small pizzas. You only need to order one for two people. Great tasting and our fav. on the menu. The rest of the menu also provides you with with huge portions. We like to sit outside near the back where there are hanging plants and trickling fountain sounds. Casual, easy atmosphere so the servers are not dressed to the nines so keep that in mind if you are looking for a fancy Italian restaurant with crazy prices and tiny servings...this isn't it.

1  Thank Bunny19682014

Reviewed 9 July 2018

The pasta is home made and we have never had a bad meal here. The sauces are also home made and they have great consistency and flavor. The prices are incredibly low for the quality and the place is always busy--a testament to the consistent food and great value. Yes, it is a family run place and you will almost always see the owner and family seating customers and bussing tables. The servers could absolutely use an update in their clothing to make them more professional. However, the food and prices outweigh the casual service and family run vibe. We have been going to this restaurant regularly and recommend it to friends, no one has been disappointed. There are really pretty seating areas in the front of the restaurant and at the side for the summer. These indoor/outdoor areas are nicely decorated with fresh plants and fountains. I like how they serve their house wine poured to the top, great value for a glass of red!! Desserts are incredible, but I have to admit the only time we have them is for a birthday celebration because we are otherwise stuffed and cannot always finish our meals. It is a shame they have started charging for garlic toast, however, which used to be complimentary.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Went to celebrate mother's birthday after hearing about this "wonderful" restaurant. Will NEVER return and won't be recommending this restaurant at all. Arrived shortly after they opened for the evening and even though the hostess asked where we would like to sit, she placed us in an area where there were three other occupied tables despite the restaurant being empty otherwise. Then, it began: so many apparent servers/bussers "hovering" around the table, and each seemingly concerned with getting us out of there as soon as possible?!!! The drinks, appetizers and entrees all arrived at the same time. NONE of the food was hot (all lukewarm or even cold). Another thing, there were two men and two women in our party and the men were served first. (As an older person and someone who considers himself a gentleman, this is unacceptable.) Though the prices are comparable to many other similar establishments and the portions reasonably-sized, the food was in no way restaurant-worthy: surprisingly tasteless and presented in a "lump." Finally, one of the many servers brought the bill to our table without asking whether we were finished. (One of our party was still eating, though at that point, just pushed the plate away from herself. It was evident we were not "preferred" customers.) Avoid this place!

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

How this place is always busy is the worlds biggest mystery...
First of all, when my server approached me I found myself at a crossroads on weather I should order my meal or ask this child if he has lost his parents. The servers and workers here are all children wearing track pants, running around and serving some food. I mean, I guess it adds to the whole "at home" feeling (especially combined with the weird smell in there) but it's very odd and feels dirty. Anyways, now on to the food... I ordered the carbonara pasta and it literally tasted like someone cooked the spaghetti and then poured Beatrice cream on it and then served it to me. Disgusting. My boyfriend ordered the frozen gnocchi which was extremely mushy and over cooked. The sauce tastes like chef boyardee canned sauce. When the waitress (14 year old child) came to clean our plates she told us how all of the pastas are home made to which I responded "even the gnocchi?" (Because they were so clearly not home made...were Italian and know what homemade pasta is..) and the waitress said "oh...except that one" ..HAHA...
I'll give it two stars because the food is dirt cheap atleast and the owner is a nice man.

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

First time at this restaurant. Great night out fantastic service and food. I had cannelloni with cheese and spinach... was amazing. Definitely want to go again soon.
At the door we were greeted and seated by the owner which I think is fantastic as he is getting to meet all his customers and that is a great way to show all his customers they are all important. Our waitress was very friendly. My friend who took me here has been going for years and they were familiar with her and her parents.
Look forward to returning.

1  Thank wraafy