“Wonderful...Thoughtful Downtown Restaurant!”
Review of Little Anthony's

Little Anthony's
Reserve with OpenTable
Little Anthony's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #142 of 9,234 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$25 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Cross street: Richmond St. & York St.
Transit: Subway: Take University line to Osgoode Station. Walk 1 block south and 1 block east. This route takes about 3 minutes. Alternatively, take the Yonge line to Queen Station. Walk 1 block south and 2 blocks west. This route takes about 8 minutes. Streetcar: Take the Queen Streetcar to York Street and walk 1 block south to Richmond.
Description: Little Anthony's is a casual, energetic and affordable downtown osteria serving soul-satisfying Italian cooking.Claim a sunny table next to the restaurant’s grand windows and enjoy a quick lunch; meet friends for a specialty cocktail or Italian beer and a snack or two at the comfortable, convivial bar; host clients in the twelve-seat boardroom or an event in the spacious private dining room; or settle into the banquets and enjoy a leisurely dinner with a bottle of wine from the reasonably priced, wide-ranging list. LA's attentive staff and Italian cuisine are ready for you.
Reviewed 14 December 2016

Little Anthony's was delightful. We took an out of town friend here for her birthday dinner. It was also our first time. We had heard great things. The restaurant was delightful. To start.....let's just go there. Hugo, our server, should be on the sign. He was kind, generous, professional, funny and truly to have with us during our dining experience. We told the restaurant manager we would love to come back as long as we could have Hugo along for the ride. She assured us they could accommodate this request! LOL --- Onto the food. Appetizers......Shrimp Scampi was awesome and there is extra sauce for the delicious bread that comes first. It has a nice spice to it. The Bacon Wrapped Dates were amazing. I don't like bacon (don't judge me) and these were awesome! Finally we had the Turkey Meatballs. They were good, but I would have to say the other apps were a little more flavorful. Don't get me wrong...they were very good.....but lacked the high flavor of the other apps. We had the Veal Osso Buco and it was literally like eating butter. The veal was tender beyond belief. You didn't need a knife! Our second entree was the Sea Bass. Again it was perfectly cooked and seasoned. And yes.....it had just a little extra sauce for the bread. I really wanted to order the Chicken Parmigiana and will get that the next time and see how that is. We shared a Tiramisu for dessert. It was very good. I am not a big "sweets" fan and this was very good. I would highly recommend trying Little Anthony's if you haven't already! Oh....and make sure you ask for Hugo....he certainly adds to the culinary experience. If you like a nice red we loved the Primitive Di Manduria - Vignette Del Salient by Zolla --- Very smooth and nice! Cheers!!

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

Went here tonight with 3 other ladies. Got our table right away as we made a reservation. We had ballet tickets, so they knew we had a time constraint, and they stated they catered to this on a special menu. The 4 of us ordered our drinks, and appetizers/meals about 10 mins later. It took about 30 mins for our appetizers to come out. It also took another 25 mins for our main meal to come out. We sat down at 510pm, and didn't get our main meal till 625(after I had asked where it was ) 3 pastas & 1 chicken Parm. We also had to Leave by 650 to make the ballet. Having to scarf down my sub par meal as an adult was not the evening I had imagined. Portion size for the Tagliatelle Carbonara was small ($19) Prob won't be back.

Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

We were there yesterday for a friend's bday. The food was delicious! I had the sea bass and it was cooked just right and seasoned perfectly. The main dishes took a little long coming but we assumed because we were a big group. The wait was worth it! Our server was so friendly and very helpful to accommodate our big group. The atmosphere is very pretty. Planning to make another trip.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

Across from the Sheraton Downtown Toronto Hotel, this restaurant was convenient for dining while attending a conference. Although it was almost full, we were accommodated without a reservation. Being someone with a small appetite, I was pleased to see portion options for the pasta dishes - after a delicious Caesar starter salad, the appetizer size pasta was big enough for me!

Reviewed 3 November 2016

Good food with a basic offering which is really well done and affordable. Wine selection is reasonable. Pricing is decent for a downtown Toronto restaurant.