“Thrive is Wonderful!”

Ranked #659 of 9,693 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighbourhood: Etobicoke
Neighbourhood: Etobicoke
Reviewed 14 June 2018

I was in the area with my boyfriend and we decided to check out Thrive Organic for a lunchtime meal. We had never been here before, but since I am a vegetarian, I wanted to indulge at a different spot that was up my alley, so to speak. It was wonderful! A very nice, bright, open, upbeat space, with music playing over the speaker system, to give a summer time feel. The wait staff was extremely friendly and since we had not tried anything before, they made some good recommendations and answered any questions we had. You can tell they are passionate about what they serve and how it is made. You place your order at the back end of the restaurant and they give you a placard stand with a little unique identifier to place on your table; they will bring all your meal items to your table. We decided to share a plate of vegan nachos, which was oven baked blue corn chips with grain and nut chorizo, guacamole, black beans, sofrito sauce, home made pickled jalapenos and vegan cashew cheese for $15.25. It was delicious and quite a large serving. I had a Pina Colada smoothie to drink for $8.75 small size made with banana, pineapple, coconut milk and cinnamon - it was so refreshing and hit the spot and I loved that the cinnamon gave a great finish to the creaminess of the the fruit/milk. My boyfriend had a large size Americano espresso coffee, $3.75. Very good flavour. For dessert we tried 2 of their cookies; the cranberry coconut was the best one - so soft and chewy and flavourful (I cannot remember the price) and we also shared a raspberry /chocolate mousse cake ($10) which was so creamy and rich but not super sweet - we loved that you could see the raspberries in the mousse. Everything was fresh and excellent quality. We highly recommend this restaurant. A nice touch was that at one point, a waitress came around with a platter of small cup sample drinks to try for free for all the patrons in the restaurant; I tasted the cucumber water. They are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and have a patio as well. They also cater and do take-out. Try them out! One of the best vegetarian/vegan restaurants I have been to.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

I don’t know what’s in a Thrive Burger but I do know it tastes damn good. Friendly staff who do great with people who don’t know vegan and organic foods make this a great place to try something new.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

This is easily the best Vegetarian restaurant I've been in and I've been in Vegetarian restaurants all around North America. Not only the Best vegetarian restaurant but one of the best I've had the pleasure to eat it. Such a creative menu! So tasty with an obvious love for creating exceptionally, tasty and healthy meal choices. Don't forget to try the Tumeric Late for the surprise drink of the year.

Do yourself a favour not only for your Health to Thrive but also for the Taste Buds!!!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

More like a cafeteria setting, so if that puts you out, don't bother. However, tasty and fresh (besides the cakes that are made in house but frozen). The pizza was heavenly. The prices are a bit high however, for the amount of work you must do to cook vegan, I can understand. Def. a place I would go to again! Friendly service as well!

1  Thank TorontoFanula
Reviewed 8 February 2018

I had a very tasty vegetarian burger and tomato red pepper soup. The space is large and clean. You pay more but it is heathy food.