Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 14/03/21
Trip.com
US$116
SAVE US$9
Hotels.comUS$125
eDreamsUS$125
TravelocityUS$125
1,930 results
All reviews full kitchen cn tower entertainment district rogers centre studio suite wellington street free breakfast sofa bed valet parking the breakfast area small kitchen minute walk king street sitting area blue jays front desk staff early check
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 July 2020 via mobile

Marriott branded hotels are normally top shelf hotels.

My travel arrangements got me to the hotel early — while I didn’t expect my room to be ready. I was able to check my suitcase, and the front desk person told me he would call me at 1pm (it’s now around 11am) to let me know that my room was ready. I was happy to tour around downtown and such. 1pm came, no phone call. No problem, I was enjoying being out. I came back to the hotel at 3:20 and my room still wasn’t ready, and I asked why I wasn’t called as promised. The guy literally walked away, and another attendant came out from the back office (which is a mess and shouldn’t be viewable to the public). I was told I could wait in the breakfast area for my room. About 10 minutes passed and I was called over by another attendant and told that my room was ready. While pleasantly surprised I took my keys up and...they sent to me a dirty room! Bed wasn’t made, garbage in the room...all during COVID!!!!

Came back down and was told they sent me to the wrong room...and that they misheard housekeeping. Not believable as 2003 and 2103 don’t really sound the same! Attendant (another one) said it’s because of COVID! Really? That’s the most lame excuse.

Finally got up to my room with my “free item” from the marketplace...talk about the most disgusting freezer burnt ice cream bar ever tasted. And this was for my loyalty as an elite member...Wowsers.

Room was ok. Not great. Bed and couch uncomfortable compared to most Marriott properties. This hotel is way out of date. And in need of major upgrades to furnishings at the very least. Oh well, just here one night.

Come down for “breakfast” in the morning (the grab and go), and my bagel was stale, apple bruised to bits, low quality “juice product.” Now this issue with the grab and go is across Marriott brands (well, probably not the Ritz haha)...a premium brand like Marriott should be able to come up with a much better breakfast option.

Spoke with the General Manager at check out (had to ask for him, after yesterday was told he’d call me). He gave me 50% off my room rate, which was nice.

But having stayed here several times over the last 10 years, will not stay here again. This hotel is no where close to Marriott quality.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Shweta Naik, Guest Services / Front Office at Residence Inn Toronto Downtown/Entertainment District, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2020

Dear 95jordang,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Residence Inn Toronto Downtown/Entertainment District with us. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting all of your expectations.

As mentioned during check in, any request for an early check in is not guaranteed prior to 4pm which is our standard time, I apologize the Guest Service Agent did not call you at 1pm as your room was not ready at that time. After much complication, we are happy to see we were able to get you an upgrade suite prior to the check in time.

City of Toronto was still in Phase two at the time of your stay which prohibited the establishment from serving hot buffet breakfast inside. To be compliant with Toronto Public Health and to maintain 2-meter physical distancing, we are serving Grab & Go breakfasts. As an Extended Stay hotel, our suites are equipped with full Kitchenette including a toaster, coffee maker, oven, plates and cutlery.

But nonetheless, I apologize on behalf of the entire team, we will ensure to be more proactive with the feedback you have provided us with. Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again – perhaps when the safety measure are lifted.

Reviewed 17 March 2020

Overall we enjoyed our one night visit at this well-located hotel, only a few blocks from Union Station, Billy Bishop Airport, and many entertainment venues. We are a fans of Residence Inns, and the decor throughout this hotel is gorgeous. All staff were very friendly. But we did have a problem with the loud noise from elevators in our 22 / top floor room. Also, the blackout curtains did not fit properly and let light in. We enjoyed the nice pool, but the hot tub was on the small / shallow side. We appreciated the elaborate breakfast food options, and staff there were equally friendly. Elevators are not by room key only, and while there were doormen, we didn't always see them as it was cold outside and they were inside the vestibule, not always convenient for guests. Security could be better...

Room tip: Avoid highest floors due to elevator noise
1  Thank BenLar137
kaykoot, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Downtown/Entertainment District, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2020

Thanks to you BenLar137 for staying and posting your overall positive review. Apologies for the blackout curtains in your suite, although this is not something I have heard before! The hotel still offers Valet Parking and the Valet Attendants do wait in the entrance area and will open the door when they see someone coming in or departing.
Unfortunately since the directives from Public Health on March 17th our Breakfast Buffet has been limited to Grab & Go continental only.
hoping to welcome you back again,
Stay well,

Reviewed 9 March 2020 via mobile

Very outdated, don't compare to Montreal downtown resident Inn by Marriott.. on the 22 floor if u don't close the drains during the night it will smell like sewers in the bedroom... The bathroom fans are very loud, on the 22nd floor you hear the elevators 24/7... No chromecast options on the TV's (compared to other Marriott's) no clear information on how to change the tv's input (had to ask a maintenance guy to the room)... No HDMI cable provided, The ethernet cable is wrapped to tightly on the deck. that makes it very hard to plug in any device. On the day or arrival the bed was mediocre made. The bed and sofa bed are old and not comfortable...

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
kaykoot, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Downtown/Entertainment District, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2020

So sorry 967tashas to read of your experience! The hotel was opened in 2007 and rooms were renovated just 5 years ago, in accordance with the Residence Inn by Marriott brand standards of the time. I'm happy you have enjoyed the Montreal Downtown property and continue to consider the brand.

Reviewed 7 March 2020

We stayed here before and came back because of being so close to the Royal Alexandra Theatre for Come From Away. The check-in and check-out were seamless and the staff friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and the shower was good, but the bed was soft and sinking in the middle. We had to leave early and missed the free breakfast, and we were surprised that hot coffee was not available in the lobby.

Date of stay: March 2020

Dear Yankee33, thanks for staying and providing your comments, which will be shared with the team who works hard to provide a seamless experience and clean environment.
We hope to welcome you back the next time a visit to the Royal Alexandra for the next show is planned!

Reviewed 2 March 2020

The size of the suites are great for a family getaway. The kitchenette is excellent. The kids enjoyed the pool & hot tub. Starbucks is close by on the corner! Great location. Hotel was clean. Decent value for downtown TO. Parking located behind the hotel is cheaper than the valet at the hotel.

Date of stay: January 2020
kaykoot, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Downtown/Entertainment District, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2020

Thank you Whennie78 and Family!
We are happy your family did enjoy our Extended Stay product!
Valet Parking is $50 per night, however don't forget that you have In & Out Privileges and the convenience of just dropping off your vehicle to check in and it will be brought up whenever you need it, so at check out as well - very handy especially in inclement winter weather conditions!
sincerely,