All reviewssuite dreamsalbert tancathedral suitekorea townchristie subway stationsweet dreamshighly recommend this b bquiet residential streethome away from homeother guestsfresh fruitbreakfast tableenjoyed our staya lovely staystay there againthe royal ontario museumniagara falls
Reviewed 14 September 2010

We had our honeymoon here after traveling from New York City. Even though our train was delayed leaving Niagara Falls, Albert greeted us and made us immediately feel at home. He was so helpful and nice, he put us right at ease. The breakfast that was waiting for us in the morning was phenomenal. We had no trouble getting around the city thanks to his very detailed directions. We had all the privacy and quiet we could possibly want when we returned home. This place is the very definition of cozy. The area is very cool and we were delighted to realize later that the Scott Pilgrim saga took place only blocks away from where we were staying! (See movie for further details) Don't be afraid to explore the neighborhood, it's almost like the village in NYC. The food is excellent no matter what type you like. You have to visit Honest Ed's on Bloor St., it's amazing. When you stay at Suite Dreams you will not disappointed, we really didn't want to leave. Hopefully we'll be back next year.

32  Thank Leondra71
Reviewed 4 September 2010

My partner and I spent five nights in the Sunrise Suite at this B&B, and we recommend this as an excellent place to stay during a trip to Toronto. Although the rooms may be a little pricey for some, you will certainly be well-pampered as a guest if you can afford the rates.

The host, Mr Albert Tan, was most gracious and hospitable. He was all ready to welcome us when we checked in, armed with city maps, brochures of local attractions, food recommendations, and suggestions for a day out in Toronto. He was always on hand to answer any queries, and always very happy to make conversation.

Breakfasts made by Mr Tan are delicious and really fill you up - he puts in a great deal of effort to prepare them, and one can tell that he puts in much thought to ensure that they are healthy and yummy for his guests. Do try his omelettes and his home-made granola - these are his signature breakfast items! His service is impeccable - when we urgently needed to use the Internet but did not bring a laptop with us (he does offer complimentary Internet wireless connection), he was most happy to offer us some time with his laptop and printer.

The Sunrise Suite was exactly as depicted on the B&B's website, and came with generous closet space, clean towels, regular shampoo and bathsoap, and a hair-dryer. The room comes with a cooling fan for a warm Toronto summer, as well as ironing facilities (on request). The bed was very comfortable and gave us a good night's sleep. The B&B and surrounding neighbourhood were also very quiet, making it an ideal place to rest and relax after a long day out.

The B&B is close to Bloor Street West, a major road in Toronto with many eateries. The neighbourhood appears relatively safe at night, save for one or two dodgy but probably harmless characters (not uncommon in big cities). The subway (Christie station is nearest to the B&B) is very fast and convenient, and takes guests quickly to local attractions within Toronto (within 15-30 minutes). It's also a quick ride home after a tiring day of touring the city.

All in all, an excellent choice if you are looking for a home away from home in Toronto. Do book in advance though, as rooms fill up quickly. We will certainly visit Mr Tan and his B&B again in future!

33  Thank LSuzy
Reviewed 30 August 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at Suite Dreams Toronto. I had been staying in hotels in other parts of the country and when I reached Toronto I was very tired and worn out - I had not been sleeping all that well in the hotels. I got to Suite Dreams, Albert met me (there is no sign so don’t worry you are at the wrong place - he will come to the door), and he took me up to the room. I sat on the bed and a wave of relief and relaxation came over me. It is no exaggeration to say that I felt like staying in the room for two days to just enjoy the peace, the quiet, the amenities. The bed is just perfect - different kinds of pillows depending on what you prefer, high thread count sheets, perfect mattress - and the room is thoroughly clean. Albert doesn’t just surface clean he deep cleans every day and it really shows. Anyway I had to leave the room because I had a busy schedule. I appreciated the location being near Koreatown, Little Italy, Chinatown and some of the major sights of Toronto - I felt immersed in the place and not just situated in some kind of sterile, bland business-district. I walked a lot - from the city centre to Suite Dreams which took about an hour and I loved it. Usually I would just take a taxi to save time or energy. Enjoy yourself at Suite Dreams!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
56  Thank AucklandKiwi2010
Reviewed 25 August 2010

Mr. Tan, the owner of Suite Dreams B&B, is an impeccable host and provides stellar customer service. He has a beautiful home that he takes pride in, which is evident in how clean his B&B is. There is nothing you can't ask Mr. Tan for that he won't try to accommodate. Breakfast is a festive fresh fruit bowl with yogurt and home made granola, PLUS he will make you anything you want to order. Since he only has a few rooms, it is quaint and quiet. It is located on one of the nicest streets in Toronto. Bloor St is a few houses away, and there is so much to do in the area. We have stayed twice at the Suite Dreams B&B and will continue to choose them for our future visits to Toronto. If you are looking for a B&B in Toronto to have a special, enjoyable, stress free experience, you best book the Suite Dreams B&B!

25  Thank tiffanie_one
Reviewed 24 August 2010

The B&B is in proximity to a subway station and easy to reach. It is in the Korean part of the town. It is a calm place. The room I was given was spacious with a nice bathroom. The B&B is clean and the manager is a polite person. Note that it has a grand-piano in the lobby. There are no signs on the outside, but when I approached the house the manager opened the door and greeted me by name.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business