“Good roti”

Mona's Roti-Caribbean Food
Ranked #945 of 9,396 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Neighbourhood: Scarborough
Description: Monas Roti exudes the warmth of being in your own home. From the friendly service, to chatting with Mona herself, this 25 year old Trinidadian family business has delightfully captured the taste buds of roti lovers all over the country. Mona carefully crafts her roti with a soft texture and distinct flavour. You can enjoy a roti, wrapped with a variety of tasty curries (chick peas & potato, chicken, goat and shrimp), stews (beef and king fish) or Vegetables (spinach, eggplant, squash and tomatoes) or substitute roti for Rice & Peas/Plain rice with Jerk Chicken or Stew Oxtail.
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

My husband and I wanted an good but inexpensive meal B4 seeing a movie. We read the reviews and we're craving Jamaican.
It's a tiny take out place but it gets busy! They were fast and friendly and it was filling. We each had a roti me chicken him goat, then shared a side of Green's -yum(sorry I was hungry and ate half before taking pictures)
We will come back.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Listened to the hype & tried this place today. The jerk chicken & rice & peas were decent, but there are better places for these in Scarborough. The reason I'd definitely come back??? The roti, doubles, phalourie & potato balls! Delicious!!!

Boneless curry chicken roti was flavourful with such a soft & fresh roti. Loved watching these being made as I ordered. The doubles were my favourite! For those who don't know, this is a chickpea mixture in between 2 pieces of fried dough with sauce - soooo good. The phalourie (fried spiced dough balls) were phenomenal & the potato balls amazing. Loved the tamarind sauce. Grabbed a packaged coconut cake for dessert which was too sweet for me.

Hit this place up for some roti & sides!

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Every trip we make here is always worth it. Not only are the roti delicious, they also have a great selection of Caribbean sweets to pick from as well.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

As a Trini outfit the food remains outstanding but I have to say they have outgrown the premises. Patrons require adequate parking, a larger standing area devoid of lining-up outside the main entrance whilst employees can do with improved work space.

Constructive critique should always be welcome.

1  Thank ZaidR64
Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

Born and raised in Toronto,travelled my share throughout the Caribbean,and have eaten at my share of eateries in Toronto and surrounding area.
Why I have not been here before,I do not know!
2 roti,chicken and goat.I asked for some peppa,perfect heat.
1 oxtail dinner,rice and peas.
Delicious.