“Best Fish and Chips!!!!!”

Off the Hook Fishbar
Ranked #497 of 9,450 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$11 - US$23
Cuisines: Seafood
Neighbourhood: East End
Description: On the lake or in the city fresh seafood lives here. Lively local wine list, a profusion of super fresh oysters, mussels, clams and fish, all from the beautiful east coast of our country. A basement bar feel (aka C$sh) to enjoy with family and friends or the wicked
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

This is a great place! Awesome vibe. Amazing food. If you are going to a concert at The Danforth Music Hall, this is the place to have dinner.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Small fish n chip restaurant, cool vibe. Only local brews served, kitchen is up front so you can watch them cook, vegan options like eggplant "fish" and buffalo cauliflower "wings". Friendly service. Will return.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

We live right around the corner and regularly order their halibut burritos to go. Excellent tasty dinner choice!!

I also meet friends there for sit down meals. Great craft bread, good wine, etc. Cosy atmosphere. Worth checking out!

1  Thank Jessica P
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I discovered this little gem before a concert at The Danforth Music Hall. We were up from Detroit and looking for something unique that wasn’t a pub close to the venue. OTHFB was just the ticket. It’s an intimate space perfect for couples. The service was terrific and the food was just amazing. I had the clam chowder that tasted as fresh as any I’ve had on the east coast of the states. It was a meal into itself. My wife and I shared the cod with the House batter. Awesome! They offer several kinds of batter (Wasabi, Cajun, etc ) which we will definitely try next time we come up for a show. I also had the poutine which was some of the best I’ve ever had. OTHFB offers various choices of poutine but I opted for the traditional. Plan to be more adventurous next time.

All in all a fantastic locals find! I highly highly recommend this wonderful little restaurant!

1  Thank jconrr
Reviewed 8 March 2018

I say "surprise" only because I live in the neighbourhood, and have stupidly passed by this place for years, and finally went in on the recommendation of someone local, and BAMMM! A home run on all fronts. Decor and music and vibe are so great. Intimate space. Fabulous selection of craft beers, wines and cocktails...some of our favourite wineries make it onto the menu here. And the food? Amazing! Many choices of appetizers, veg, mains.....even multiple choices of batter or no batter for your fish. Just a wonderful night out in the hood! Make a resi. It is small and popular :) And forgive the blurry photos as we could not wait to dig into the food!