“Really nice salad lunch”
Review of What a bagel

What a bagel
Ranked #6 of 366 Coffee & Tea in Toronto
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

A combination of a bagel house, bakery, deli with lots of comfortable hipster vibe. I tried the Beet It salad and finished with an raisin and walnut rugelach.

The salad is arugula, beets, broccoli, walnuts, green apple, goat cheese, avocado and red wine vinaigrette. The flavours worked well together. The sweet beets against the bitter apples and creaminess of the goat cheese and avocado came together quite pleasantly. I had a toasted poppy seed bagel on the side.

I would have liked an in house made iced tea but settled for a Nestea.

All in all, a good stop for a light lunch. They also make bagel sandwiches to order for takeout.

Ely O, Manager at What a bagel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Thank you so much for not only an outstanding review of our salad, sir67, but a very detailed one as well! Reviews such as these are always such a pleasure to receive. Thank you for your in house iced tea suggestion!! Looking forward to serving you really soon!

Ely O,

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

First time here, it’s a very busy spot! The brunch we had was amazing, I had an egg avocado hash with bacon it was like nothing else I’ve had. Would definitely come again next time in TO

Ely O, Manager at What a bagel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Thank you so much for this rave review Matthias S! It truly is music to our ears when we hear reviews such as these! Looking forward to your return to TO and our establishment!!

Ely O,

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

My everything bagel was everything! It was super fresh and I love the concept of choosing any toppings you'd like, what a great idea! It was a super busy place, and cold out which made it busier. Loved the black olive cream cheese, would have loved to try more.

Ely O, Manager at What a bagel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

We are so happy to hear that our toppings selection were received with such positivity and enthusiasm! Looking forward to having you experience other options very soon!

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Decided to pop into What a Bagel on a cold December afternoon. They did not have any tables available but did have the high-top bench/table (which seats 3-4 if Im not mistaken). Although it was a little cold because of the door opening, it had a view. It was busy, people were sitting down to eat and were always coming in/out for coffee, take out, etc) and the atmosphere was upbeat. I ordered the Brooklyn (chicken schnitzel, cheddar, lettuce w/ homemade ranch. I skipped on the tomatoes and red onion) with sweet potato fries. The hostess was kind and quick and lunch arrived promptly. The fries were finger-licking good and the sandwich (on challah bread) was worth every penny. Warm, crispy bread, hot chicken and delicious melty cheddar cheese. The challah bread was so good, I had to bring a loaf of it home with me that day and I've been dying to go back to get some more ever since. Would definitely recommend and return time and time again.

Ely O, Manager at What a bagel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

Reviews like yours, DeeFaria are always such a pleasure to receive and read! Sounds like your dining experience was a pleasurable one and I couldn't agree more - our challah bread is very addictive!! We look forward to serving you very soon!

Reviewed 13 March 2018

This is one of my favorite breakfast spot in town.
The atmosphere and interior is cozy but busy. The selection of bagels and pastries you will never be bored of. Drink selection is nice and love the latte and juices there. Simply eggs are just simply good and great match with the bagels. If you like bagels, must try it out!

Ely O, Manager at What a bagel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

A review like yours, Miketogo is what we strive to achieve each and every day! We pride ourselves on our quality of food and an abundant variety of options to choose from. Patrons such as yourself contribute to the cozy atmosphere! Looking forward to serving you again and again!