“Great services but without the spa feel & decor. ”
Review of Senses Spa

Senses Spa
Ranked #96 of 327 Spas & Wellness in Toronto
More attraction details
Owner description: scape from your busy and stressful day by visiting the relaxing environment of SENSES SPA, located on the lower concourse level of the well-known Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel. Successfully operating since 1996, SENSES SPA has been providing a wide selection of Health and Beauty services such as Massages (by RMT), Facials, Body Wraps, Body Contouring (low level laser therapy), Laser Hair Removal,Skin Rejuvenation,Chemical Peels, Microdermabrasion, Botox and Fillers, Manicure & Pedicure, Waxing, and Spa packages, all at competitive prices. Our boutique Spa is pleased to offer unique 24K Gold Facial Masques Leave your day behind and indulge in a world of delightful bliss!
Reviewed 28 September 2015 via mobile

Being here for the first time, I was thinking the "Spa" would give me the spa feel.
I booked a 1 hour massage + a manicure/pedicure.
Massage: small room, no spa aroma & no massage type feel. The massage, however, was great!
Mani/Pedi: small room, white walls with no massage chairs. Very make-shift room. Service was great but again, not what a "spa" experience should be like.

Water served after was simply cold water minus lemon, lime or even cucumber.

$165 later. While the services were good. The experience lacked tremendously. Being the "spa" location for folks staying at the Sheraton Centre Downtown Toronto, I'm sure there are other places to go for a good spa experience. I don't think the money spent for services above equate to the overall experience a spa should provide.

If you want a convenient place for "spa" services. This is it.
But if you want a true spa experience. Find another location for all "spa" amenities.

Management response:Responded 18 September 2017

I would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. It will help us improve our operations and services. We are working with our clients to get a better understanding of what improvements you see we need to work on.

Reviewed 29 May 2015

I have been to Senses Spa many times over the years and I was always treated with kindness, fairness and professionalism. At times I had wonderful estheticians and massage therapists an rarely I had to deal with a non so competent staff member. When that happens people, we cannot judge the owners or the spa itself as they cannot control "everything". When I respectably mentioned my concerns to one of the owner Rick, I was very pleased with the way he listened to me and corrected the issue promptly. And because I am a regular client, I noticed that the "non-professional" therapists or receptionists don't stay at the spa very long anyway. To judge any businesses fairly, we have to be able to see the whole picture. I do not decide to not go back to a restaurant or spa or hairdresser just because I had a bad service, unless the problem comes from the owners themselves, then this is different.
Senses spa is in my opinion a harmonious and beautiful place in a great location and fair prices for a downtown spa.
If you have any issues, express yourself to the owner Rick with respect and you will see how you would be treated.
90% of the time that I went there, I had a wonderful experience that's why I keep going back. I could not say the same for some apparently high end spas I went to, even if they look like a palace.

Reviewed 4 January 2015

Got us in on short notice, but made a pretty big booking error, which took away from the experience. It was the only Spa near our hotel that I could find open on a Sunday afternoon. Friendly service.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Just left this place after waiting for 25 mins for my 11.30 appointment to start. Walked in at 11.15 and was told there was an appointment available at 11.30 to have a manicure. At 11.40 the receptionist told me that the lady doing my nails was doing a back massage and the receipiant of the massage had requested to have another half an hour. Even though I had an appointment they basically said I could wait for another half an hour or go.

This is disgusting service and the person requesting another half an hour of back massage should have been told it wasn't possible due to other appointments that had been booked, but no I was told it was my issue.

My advise to anybody would be to find another spa if you want anything as these people really don't care.

2  Thank Dusty290