“The BEST mushroom pasta”
Review of Gusto 101

Gusto 101
Ranked #186 of 9,693 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited Toronto for the weekend (to see U2 in concert, actually) and stopped by this restaurant to have lunch. It did not disappoint. I ordered an escarole salad and my husband ordered the mushroom pasta (can't remember the actual name). It was AMAZING. The service was good and the wine is served on tap. Wonderful, wonderful. Give it a try.

Paige A, Guest Relations Manager at Gusto 101, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Ciao!

Thank you for your lovely review and thank you for choosing us to be part of your awesome weekend! We are so happy to hear that you and your husband had a great experience! We look forward to hosting you soon, perhaprs with your four babies!!!

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Had dinner here with a group of friends. We all loved our food. Cool atmosphere and excellent service. Vegan options. Interesting cocktail selection. Very busy and popular place.

Ciao!

Thank you so much for your lovely review. It means a lot to us to hear about your great experience at Gusto 101! We look forward to hosting you soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2017

Pretty cool spot, with a garage theme. Simple menu for Saturday brunch with tasty pizzas for those wanting something my lunchy than brunchy. Definitely more wine could be added to the $42 pitcher of Sangria. I will say charging an extra $3.50 when I asked to swap out the salami was a bit of a cheek, most expensive 6 spinach leaves I've paid for... I mentioned this at the time, and the waitress just said, yes I"m sorry the kitchen made me charge for this. Nice setting, albeit very very hot a couple more umbrellas might do the trick. Music a bit loud for the space due to no acoustics. Might go again, might not.

Ciao!
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It important for us to hear feedback from our customer to always continue to improve our customer experience. I will take your comments to our chef and General Manager for further discussion. Thank you again for your time and we hope you will give us a second chance at delivering awesome food and service to you!

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Nice atmosphere and good friendly service. They have main dishes, but really a pasta and pizza place. Beer is reasonably priced, but signature drinks like an Old Fashion are $15+ each, not cheap. Food was very good we mostly had various pizzas and everyone enjoyed them. It was very busy for a Friday afternoon lunch crowd. I would definitely go back and recommend it if you're looking for a good place to have pizza or pasta.

Paige A, Reservations and events coordinator at Gusto 101, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2017

Ciao,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, as we love to hear feedback from our guests! We are happy to hear that yourself and your party enjoyed their overall experience. On Fridays, especially during the warmer months our restaurant can be quite a busting atmosphere! We hope you decide to join us soon and we appreciate the recommendation.
Grazie,

Reviewed 16 June 2017

This is a fun place with a great vibe owing to it's location in the center of downtown TO. You could get better Italian food for about the same price range but this place scores on location and atmosphere. Best for the younger set just before they go clubbing.

Paige A, Reservation and events coordinator at Gusto 101, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2017

Ciao,
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere. Our apologies that the food was not up to our usual Gusto 101 standards. If you have the time, I encourage you to let us know specifically what you did not like as we would love to ensure we are serving yourself and other guests the highest quality dishes! We hope to see you again, thank you for taking the time.
Grazie,