“Wowed!”

Ranked #54 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Hamilton, Canada
“Wowed!”
Reviewed 3 October 2011

This hotel is a gem in the city center! My wife and I enjoyed three days and two nights over our anniversary weekend and felt as though we were living in the city rather than just visiting. With a full kitchen in our suite we were able to cook for ourselves and enjoy the martini bar on the lobby level in the evenings, where a pianist played from 9:30 - 1 am.
A super hotel with a super spa! Yes, we took full advantage of the spa as well!

Room Tip: All rooms are suites, but the boutique suite (the third of five potential choices) was a super deal.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My mother had emergency eye surgery at St. Michael's hospital a couple of weeks ago, and we needed to find a hotel nearby. I was able to walk to this hotel and book a room. Given that I was a walk in, I though the rate was reasonable, and it was very convenient to the hospital. We were able to wheel mom right up to her room. The staff were all very friendly, and the rooms were amazing - very spacious and well equipped. Our only disappointment was the food service that was provided by the adjoining Fran's restaurant - our server seemed distracted and left a couple of items off of our order. Other than that, a great hotel, centrally located, clean and efficient.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
vancouver
Reviewed 9 September 2011

I've stayed at the Pantages about 15 times over the past five years because of the quality of the accommodation, the location and the great service. Unfortunately, the condition of the rooms has been getting progressively worse and I was shocked by the state of it during my my recent stay. The furniture was shabby, the mattress on the fold-away couch was disgusting, the curtains are stained, the laminate floorboards have pulled apart in spots, and the floors and bathroom really need a good scrub. All these things are maintenance issues, not house-keeping. I wrote to the manager and did not receive a response until I completed the online survey. The manager responded and indicated that he would call me to discuss. The call never came, which was disappointing as I would have liked to have chatted with him about my experience. I won't be staying there again but if you don't mind a room that's a bit tatty and somewhat spotty service, the location can't be beat.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank marybensyd
Cancun, Mexico
Reviewed 6 September 2011

My wife and I wanted to try something different then the name brand hotels so we looked on the internet and saw the. Great web page but not what you see when you arrive. The room was like having a bed in a kitchen. Cooking facilities, fridge stove, and a bed. Looked like the designer wanted to see what a bed in a kitchen would be like as that's the impression we got. The room smelled old and dusty and I could not get that sent out of my throat and nose. There are no services like a hotel would have, room service etc.. We ordered up coffee and they brought us packages and told us to make it ourselves. There is a Restaraunt down stairs and we tried to get something when we arrived but forget it as it was closed, at 10pm and when we asked they said "it was not busy, so we close" Any how, we checked out the next day, by by and no recommendation from me here

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank wiljor
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Friendly hotel in the Theatre district. Great central location within walking distance to many attractions! Definite must for those coming from another country to visit Toronto! Martini Bar is a lot of fun. The on premises diner is open 24 hours! Great for a late night snack.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple