“Wonderful Patio with Umbrellas”
Review of Krepesz Cafe & Bar

Krepesz Cafe & Bar
Ranked #21 of 366 Coffee & Tea in Toronto
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Cuisines: Hungarian
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Description: Krepesz is a creperie cafe and bar located in the heart of Kensington Market. Specializing in crepes, specialty coffee's, cocktails and craft beer, we provide a variety of things to entertain your senses and your tastebuds. From sweet and savoury crepes, to fresh fruit smoothies, delicious sangria and a wide array of delicious craft beers, Krepesz is sure to provide a memorable and enjoyable experience for all. Come and check out our beautiful patio in summer and our giant screen for all your favourite sporting events and games.
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

For a nice place to sit in Kensington Market in summertime, I suggest Krepesz. There are many places to run into--to buy ice cream or frozen treats, like GRK YGRT; plus coffee places, including Dolce Gelato. However, the patio at Krepesz is probably my favourite (for an affordable bite to eat)...unless you want Hungary-Thai! I remember when this place was not a crepes place two decades ago. The mural is still painted on the exterior wall, and the new ownership since two years ago added decent seating. They even serve beer and wine with their lunch/ dinner menu. I prefer sweet crepes and enjoyed the warm "IM Delicate" crepe of strawberries & banana with ricotta cheese. It's not too sweet, and you could even request less icing sugar sprinkles to make it lower cal. I paid altogether $7 for the shared dish, and they ask for cash (under $10). Our server was very good and came immediately with a carafe of iced water and glasses, although we were seated outdoors. Patrons will be served until almost after 9:00 Sunday-Wed. and later (around 10:00) on weekends. It'd be good to grab a bite for brunch here, 10:00 (mornings) if you could find limited street pay-parking on Augusta. Bring a little extra cash... There are so many places to buy fresh groceries nearby, and don't forget about Magic or Global Cheese!

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Very nice crepes. These are real crepes that a made from scratch.
I do not say that there are lots of options in terms what you can get, but what we got was very good!

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Sunny day as I made my way to Union Station, I headed to China Town and then to Kensington Market. A brutally busy day to be driving but I was using "the better way" and could meander and take in the people that make the market so colourful.
Krepesz didn't disappoint. A lovely lush merit with a lightness on the palate. I ordered "I am.Classic", the signature crepe. A thing of beauty. My taste buds came alive with the paprika chicken melted into the mozzarella cheese. Then the fresh basil burst into the flavour profile. I highly recommend this dish and this restaurant.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

Made to order crepes. Fresh ingredients, served piping hot if you order the hot, savoury crepes. Sweet filled crepes cool down a bit due to fillings. Both savoury and sweet crepes were excellent. Very filling for the average person, maybe too filling. Nice small tight menu. Compact, comfortable patio. Inside looked great, clean, etc. We sat on patio. Clean bathrooms. Excellent service. Priced perfectly!!

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Dropped by last week for the first time, and it will not be my last. My friend and I each had a delicious crepe - large, crispy, with succulent savory filings. The size of the crepes were perfect for a lunch - two each would have been overboard. Next time I will try a fruit dessert crepe. Excellent service, by the way, by a very attentive manager and her helpful staff.