“dinner”

Ranked #507 of 9,367 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Scarborough
Description: This is a nice restaurant bursting with charm with some of the tastiest italian food in Toronto. Fresh ingredients in all of their dishes and some of the best pizza in the city. A gem that is tucked away from the big city but worthy of admiration. A must try if you are looking for italian food and the wood fired oven for pizza's makes all of the difference.
Reviewed 18 July 2018

our favourite go to restaurant! sometimes you have to line up however, ell worth it. food is always fresh, good choices of wine. Owners and staff very professional. Family owned restaurant

Reviewed 7 July 2018

I should start by saying that Italian food is my absolute favourite and I have tried almost every Italian restaurant in Scarborough. I also happen to work in an Italian restaurant. I recently decided to have my birthday dinner at Fratellis after reading many excellent reviews. Upon arriving we were seated almost immediately, (a surprise considering it was a beautiful friday night). With the front windows open there was a nice breeze through the packed restaurant. I had the Popeye pizza and it was easily the best pizza I have ever had. Unlike many pizzeria's the crust was perfectly done and just as delicious as the rest. A family member had the Gnocchi. Again, an amazing choice. Our waitress was fantastic despite being clearly very busy, and was extremely attentive. I made a mistake when placing my order and she happily fixed it right away, even though it was my fault. The owner was incredibly nice as well. Because it was my birthday I did not mind spending a little extra on my meal. However it was a little expensive. It was also quite loud in the restaurant. I would not recommend this to anyone who is hard of hearing. I did not mind and was able to talk to my family quite easily. It was a lovely evening all around, and I will recommend Fratellis to anyone looking for authentic Italian cuisine.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Delightful discovery at the edge of an unassuming strip mall. This was our first visit to this restaurant. I'm glad we arrived early on a Sunday evening as the place fills up quickly. We placed our order and while we waited, were served a basket of sliced bread and a plate of olive oil with balsamic vinegar. The bread had a soft crust and except for the shape (it was oval) it could have been Wonderbread. Not at all what we expected from a bona fide Italian restaurant. From here on, though, the rest of the fare was a revelation. My Shrimp Bisque was smooth, fresh tasting, with a bit of a kick to it but not overwhelming. My husband had the Baked Goat Cheese Salad for starters and he was very pleased with it. I followed with the Mushroom Chicken, which was tender, light and very flavourful. My husband had the Risotto Siciliano and he raved about it after almost every mouthful. We shared a bottle of Giuliano Straccali Chianti 2016 which we had never tasted before but were very pleased with our choice. I enjoyed a Tiramisu for dessert and after havig one taste of it, my husband was very eager to "help" me with it. We both had excellent espressos to finish.
This is a fairly small restaurant and they only take reservations for parties of 8 or more, so arriving early may be a good idea. The atmosphere is homey, the service was warm, cheerful and friendly. The location is accessible, there are no stairs to negotiate to reach the restaurant or the washrooms, which are on the main floor. Aisles are narrow, so negotiating your way around with a wheelchair or walker may be a bit tricky but not impossible. There is some limited parking on the street.
We were very delighted with our experience and our already planning a return visit.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

This is a local hotspot that has been around for quite some time. Lots of repeat customers due to the amazing food, great service and atmosphere. Family run business with wonderful owners who operate the front of the house with charm and authenticity. Would highly recommend this restaurant ! Be prepared to wait for a table on the weekend but rest assured, it will be worth the wait!!!

Reviewed 20 December 2017

This place has been here forever and is wonderful! Staff are absolutely amazing - so friendly - remember you each visit. Their pizzas are really great - so good that I've never ordered anything else!