“Fabulous Staff!! And great small meeting space!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Toronto Airport

Courtyard Toronto Airport
Ranked #65 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Nanaimo, Canada
“Fabulous Staff!! And great small meeting space!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

We held a day and a half business meeting at their hotel and stayed for 3 nights. The one thing I will say about this property is they had FANTASTIC folks working there. From the maintenance man who adjusted the temperature right through to front desk, breakfast server & cleaning staff we were always greeted with smiles and helped quickly. Awesome people.

As for the rooms there's good wireless. If you're a couple with 2 computers make sure you ask for a second password at check in. Not a big deal but the password you get only works for one computer. There is not a fridge in the room but otherwise it's equipped and comfortable ... although the beds aren't my favourite. They were fine but after spending many nights in Starwood hotels with their heavenly beds I kind of missed the cushioning and good sheets. The gym is decent - no free weights but some decent cardio machines and a big multi-weight machine. The pool was a popular place for the kids on the weekend.

Breakfast is about $15 for the buffet with eggs made to order. Pretty good food. It's the only meal they serve here but there are lots of choices around with the big Marriott nearby (great lounge there if you're interested), Greek in the parking lot and a few other restaurants within a few minutes drive or 10 minute walk.

We had a little issue the one night as a boys hockey team checked in and it got REALLY loud about 45 minutes after we'd gone to sleep. Security was on the scene minutes after I called but it took about 90 minutes before they moved them out of their rooms to new rooms. The staff handled the situation pretty well but we did lose 3 hours of sleep over the whole thing... not too fun for us!! But I really commend security for being on top of it. It wasn't an easy scene to control.

Overall it's a pretty good place for the price and the staff are going to bend over backwards to do what they can to help you out - and that's a huge thing for me!! And if you're interested in having a meeting there - the meeting rooms was set up exactly as we asked and everything went well. Really great business hotel!! Thank you!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank RoadWarrior
HotelGMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 11 November 2011
Dear Road Warrior, Thank you for your kind words on our staff as I know they are truly our greatest asset and I have posted your review in our staff room for them to review. Your comment on the second password for the wireless internet to those in a room with more than one laptop will certainly be shared with our team and I appreciate the feedback.

We do pride ourselves with having security each night and I apologize that you lost some sleep. I am happy to hear the matter was dealt with quickly.

If you are in the area again please feel free to contact me personally and I would be happy to make your reservation with us. I have sent you my contact information through your tripadvisor account. Best Regards, Anto Vrdoljak

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

A nice hotel. Clean, quiet. Very interesting watching airplanes land from our room at the next door airport but with no noise. Did not notice that breakfast was not free. Ended up buying food at Tim Hortons. Shorter car ride to Rogers Center that the manager on duty stated the night before.

Room Tip: Chose a room that views the airstrip. It is fun to watch the planes land with no noise.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank rv4life
Dear rv4life,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Seeing that we are a newer hotel our windows are top quality for sound proofing and we are happy to hear you feel the same way along with the fact that we are not in a direct flight path. We hope to welcome you again and invite you to enjoy a free coffee available each morning for our guests.
Vienna, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

I stayed one night here since I had an early morning flight from YYZ and didn't want a long early morning drive. This location is very close to the airport and easy to get to with enough close by if you need it. The check in gentleman was fine, helpful, offering options for dinner even with a late arrival. I will agree with some of the others who commented about the hard beds... these are a little more firm than most hotel beds and may not be for everyone. I didn't mind being on the side of the hotel that is parallel to the runway as aircraft are fascinating to me. Overall the windows are fairly well sound proof, and with the heating/AC fan on it hides that noise even more.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank travel-here-there
HotelGMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 1 November 2011
Dear travel-here-there, thank you for your kind words on your recent stay with us. Your experience at check-in will be shared with our staff member as it is great for our team to hear the positive comments of our guests. If you are in the area again please let me know and we would be pleased to offer you a bed that may be more suitable to your needs. Our hotel is proud to offer great sound proofing windows and we are happy you had a restful stay with us.
Richmond Hill, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

Really nice and quiet yet so close to the airport - really comfortable room; fabulous breakfast buffet and a most efficient front desk - they had the cork screw I forgot to pack!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Poper118
Dear Poper118, thank you for your kind words on your recent stay with us. Our complimentary airport shuttle service is a great value add and I am happy you had a chance to use our pool.
Our staff are certainly our greatest strength at the Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Airport and next time you are in town we hope you can try our Full Breakfast Buffet for $14.95 per person plus taxes which features an omlette and waffle station. Thank you for recommending us!
Vevey, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

The Check-in was nice but this was it. When I entered the room the walls where so thin that I heard the digestion problems from the person in the other room. In addition to this when the planes where taking off, the passed immediately above the hotel. As my room was on the side of the airport it was impossible to try to sleep before the airport shut down.
Breakfast started at 6AM, but this didn't mean that the room was ready and the waiter 100% operating. As the front desk decided to close my room account during the night, I could not charge my breakfast to the room and the night auditor wasn't willing to re-open my account.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Toronto Airport Carlingview Hotel
Residence Inn Toronto Airport
Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre

Been to Courtyard Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!