All reviews guest house subway station stayed here for nights minute walk living room sherbourne microwave bed
Reviewed 22 September 2016

Place is clean and basic and suited me fine. Room had queen bed and sofa bed. I stayed 9 nights. Amy and Gary were friendly and just a phone call away at Keppner Guest House down the road. Responded immediately. There is no 24 hour desk as in a hotel. But housekeeping does come in on alternate days and changes the towels and refills the toiletries. Location is great. 3 min walk from Sherbourne metro and 15 min walk from Yonge St. A few min from Bloor St. I was sightseeing the whole day and walked around quite a bit, so I found this place very convenient. Lots of eateries nearby. Microwave and fridge in room. $4 laundry - $2 for wash and $2 for dryer -in the basement.
They organise trips to Niagara too.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 5. The toilet area can be a bit cramped, esp if you over 5'7". I'm 5'6" so I just managed.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank worldtripper15
Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

If you look for good price and close to subway, this is the place to stay.
The room and the bathroom are cleam and well organized.
There are a parking area in the backyard that you pay as an extra.
Actually it's a house and without reception. If you need something you need to call them.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2016

very basic accommodation, a single functioning TV channel, no coffeemaker, very poor soundproofing makes you hear all sorts of sounds and voices around the house- makes it impossible to relax and to go to sleep until everyone else calms down.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Olga S
Reviewed 28 November 2015

We stayed here for 3 nights on a mini vacation to Toronto. It was close to the subway, and in a part of town that we wanted to be in. We only wanted a place to sleep at night, as we were busy sight-seeing during the day, and dining at night in nearby restaurants. It is a very basic place to stay - no staff, no room service, no house keeping. Bring your own toiletries, or buy them across the street at the variety store, as they don't provide. I feel that the price was great for Toronto and enjoyed my stay. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. It's a quiet place, and suited our needs perfectly. If you require things like housekeeping, this isn't the place for you. If you just need a place to sleep in a quiet neighbourhood while you go about your business, then great! We walked at night and found nice places to eat, and took the subway during the day to see attractions. It was perfect.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2015 via mobile

Hi! We stayed in Ada's guesthouse for 2 nights. We were very disappointed because the room was too small and not very clean. The shower didn't work well so we have problems for taking a shower.
When we arrived we couldn't get into the room even that we get there at 13 p.m. we have to wait until 15 p.m.
This is our experience and in addition it was very expensive for what we received.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple