“Need some Tea Serving Education”

Pastel Creperie & Desert House
Ranked #44 of 212 Dessert in Toronto
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch
Neighbourhood: North York
Description: One of Toronto's premier creperies. We offer both savory and dessert crepes. Stop in and indulge in our frosty flake, italian espressos, and french pasteries. Our tasty confections will not only satisfy your taste buds but put a smile on your face. Be prepared you will start to have regular cravings for these yummy treats!
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

The Pros:

1) Delicious Crepe and fantastic presentation

2) High Quality, generous portion Ice Cream

3) Cozy, up close and personal type of dessert place; patio sitting is available on summer time

4) Price: for me, it is reasonable as I am willing to pay extra for a high quality food.

Why only 3 star? Here is why:

For such a delicious dessert, cozy, well decorated restaurant - one would assume that they know how to serve tea. After all, dessert and tea (or coffee) go hand in hand.

I ordered a hot tea and I got a small cup of tea, and the teabag is already opened and soaked in the hot water.

So I asked for a teapot of hot water so I can refill my cup to already soaking tea making my tea stronger than I want. I was simply told: “Oh, well, we do not have a teapot”.

I was taken aback by this response and I further asked how would I refill my already getting stronger tea? I was bluntly told that: “Oh I will refill it for you”. She did refill it once and I have to ask for it. The server was not paying attention.

For the 2nd refill, I had to stand up and go to counter and asked myself. After she refill the cup, the woman who did it (not the server) gave me a short lecture that I should remove the teabag from the cup so I do not get a strong tea!

This is why they get 3 star. I go to High Tea every month. This is simply subpar for me.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

I have enjoyed crepes several times here and have never been disappointed. The whipped cream is just that and quite nice. The ice cream that accompanies the crepe is good quality and creamy.

This is a little spot with 10 or so tables. What I really appreciate is the cleanliness. It is always spotlessly clean. The waitresses are friendly and come around continuously refilling your glass of water.

I highly recommend the place.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

This is the type of place that draws you in with promises of a decadent scrumptious belly busting desert. The photos are mouth watering......and then you get the food in front of you.
We had the chocolate crepe. The chocolate crepe has all the sugar coating and chocolate syrup dripped all over the crepe and ice cream. It looks great until you take a bite. The crepe is too thick and chewy. Wait....what's this? There's a piece of strawberry and then maybe a few more....the rest is....WHIP CREAM. You could call this Chocolate Whip Cream Crepe. Oh, Forgot about the crepe. It landed in a heap on the side of the plate. The French knows a thing or two about crepe...it should be soft and moist with a hint of butter.
Oooppps!! Forgot about the three scoops of ice cream beside the crepe.
Is this worth the $10.95 for the food??? Meh!!! I was too disappointed to even think about it.
The place on Queen Street West opposite Much Music building still has the best crepe. The kind that is ALMOST like the one they serve in Paris.
Oh, this calls for a trip to Paris just for the crepes.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

It is my first visit with my partner here. It is located along Yonge street. Place is clean. organized and pleasant. Staffs are nice. I ordered Chocolate crepe and white chocolate drink. Food is delicious. Price is reasonable. Experience and services are great. I will return here. Place is not full at opening hour. They will give you their menu and will direct to a seat.

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

Came here for lunch and was not disappointed. Great service and the Ham Crepe was delicious.

Would highly recommend