“Consistently Great Reviews are True”

New Orleans Seafood & Steakhouse
Ranked #4 of 9,762 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$13 - US$29
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Etobicoke
Reviewed 13 March 2018

I had a terrific meal at the New Orleans Seafood & Steakhouse where I had the catch of the day (sea bass). It was cooked perfectly and delicately seasoned (appropriately for sea bass). Fresh vegetables. Excellent meal for sure and worth going out of your way for. Don't let the location and frontage fool you. It's great. Mike, the owner/Matre'D was lovely.

3  Thank Adam91

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

I came for two nights as stopover in Toronto.
I found this restaurant through Yelp and Foursquare.
We ordered shrimps, Calamari, rib-eye Beef and lamp ribs.
The food were so so delicious, specially the sea foods and the ribs.
Recommended, and I will come again.

2  Thank Ahmad A
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

I am regularly visiting this place with my family, friends and clients. The food and especially the atmosphere is excellent. My favourites are crab cakes and jambalaya.

1  Thank VG381
Reviewed 4 March 2018

I went to watch a movie at the Queensway Cineplex in Toronto and all the restaurants in the complex and long lineups so I checked TripAdvisor to find somewhere good to eat nearby. New Orleans Seafood & Steakhouse was highly rated, only 15 minutes away and on the way home so I chose it as the place to try out. It was a little difficult to find because it has a small store front and I wasn't too familiar with the neighborhood. When I arrived around 745 on a Saturday night it wasn't too busy so we were seated immediately. It helped that I called in advance. I was in the mood for steak but they had specials that included grouper or salmon with mixed vegetables and brown rice. The service was excellent. Everyone was friendly and made us feel very welcome. The good was delicious and perfectly portioned. I opted or the grouper and my friend had the salmon. The fish was blackened Cajun style and it actually made me happy I didn't order steak. My friend was equally pleased with her meal and portion size. For dessert I had some type of cooked banana in a syrup like sauce with vanilla ice cream and mixed fruit. It was decadent and exactly the right ending to a very satisfying meal. My friend had the pecan pie with ice-cream and was equally delighted with her meal. To finish it off they gave us a complimentary digestif that tasted like like vanilla, chocolate mint liqueur in crystal shotglasses. So good !! By 8:30 the restaurant was really busy and I was glad we got there early but the energy in the place was amazing.
The only reason I rated this restaurant 4 and not 5 is because their drink menu was not great. While they did seem to have an extensive wine list, the choice of cocktails was limited to rum/coke, gin/tonic, vodka/cranberry etc.

1  Thank truemaster77
Reviewed 18 November 2017

Always wanted to try this restaurant , the food was amazing , presentation taste , staff no complaints one of the best meals I had in a long time, will go back again. Thanks to chef perfect meal, crab cakes, creole shrimp, bass we were all happy with our choices.

1  Thank Coojoy