Marriott Downtown at CF Toronto Eaton Centre
  • Breakfast included
US$139
US$133
1,589 results
All reviewseaton centretrinity squaregreat locationthe concierge loungecity hallbay streetbreakfast buffethotel is centrally locatedtop floorbusiness hotelfitness centerself parkingfront desk staffcorner roomhockey hall of fameper daythe financial district
Reviewed 8 February 2012

This is a great hotel located in the heart of downtown Toronto. It's located right beside the Eaton Centre mall (in fact it's directly connected from the inside). Nathan Phillips Square (along with it's outdoor ice skating rink) is just across the street. The subway and underground PATH system are also very close by. For music lovers, the hotel restaurant/bar looks out onto a courtyard through floor to ceiling windows where, just steps through the windows, sits The Church of the Holy Triniity, site of the Cowboy Junkies lo-tech masterpiece album, The Trinity Session.

There were 4 or 5 doormen/bellmen located by the entrance and the front desk was also well staffed. All employees were extremely helpful and pleasant.

The fitness centre and pool are located on the top floor (18th). The fitness centre also looks out over the city through floor to ceiling windows and is very well equipped with all the latest machines. There were no waits during my entire stay (and I exercise at "prime time" - at the end of the business day). In addition, all machines were equipped with personal TVs. There was also a basket full of new complimentary headphones that were yours to keep. The pool was very clean and well maintained but very small. There was no way you could swim laps in it. The hot tub was large and also very clean. It was also nicely separated from the pool by a translucent barrier.

My room was a good size with a convenient corner for business and all the plug-ins you could possibly need to charge your electronic devices. The HD TV was an older model, judging from the picture quality.

The housekeeping in my room and the rest of the hotel was impeccable, with ONE exception. Like most hotels these days, sheets are changed after a certain number of nights (or every night, upon request). This hotel said the sheets would be changed after the third night (and, of course, with every new guest). Well, when I turned back my sheets while going to bed on my fourth night, the same sheets were still there (I could tell by a slight smudge that was there at the beginning of my stay). This got me to thinking, if the hotel didn't live up to it's first promise (new sheets after the third night), did it live up to it's second promise? (new sheets for each new guest) Looking back at the smudge that was there when I arrived, I now can't be sure that I was sleeping on fresh sheets the first three nights. I however, have stayed at this hotel before and believe this was an uncharacteristic mistake. The sheets were changed the next day, after I left a note for the housekeeper.

The second blip occured with the air conditioning. The first night, despite the fact it was below freezing outside, I could not get my room cool enough. I put the thermostat down as low as it would go (60 F or 16 C), however the room would not even get close to that temperature. The next morning I asked for it to be looked at. I was told a service person would check it and that the staff would leave a message on the room telephone to tell me what they'd done.

When I got back to the room that evening, there was no message. However, the room did seem slightly cooler. That night, the room still didn't get even close to cool enough, despite the thermostat down as low as it could go. I gave up trying to get it fixed properly or change rooms, because the room was marginally comfortable at night, and I didn't want the hassle of changing rooms. I believe this was uncharacteristic as well, however, I was not pleased about not getting the promised phone message. Bottom line is my sleep experience was not nearly as good as it could have been. On the bright side, the bed was extremely comfortable, and there was no noise.

Other than those two things, the hotel was perfect. Since I've had a good experience here on a previous stay, I will give this hotel another chance. If there are problems again, this property will have seen the last of my business.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank HeyNow-Hank
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Described as a business hotel the Eaton Centre Marriott is also well suited for leisure breaks, situated close to a range of attractions the hotel provides an ideal base to explore Toronto.

We had connecting rooms, these were prepared to a very high standard, house keeping do a first class job in this hotel.

Rochelle on the Concierge desk provided sound advice on transport, tickets and even where to find Ontario's best apple fritters at the St Jacobs farmers market!

Food was good and service from all of the staff was extremely professional.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Modern, clean hotel. This is a typical Marriott. The room isn't cramped and comes with a coffee maker and some pretty decent coffee, the bed is comfy, the bathroom clean and spacious. There is a desk and seating area incorporated in the standard room. The gym has modern equipment. There is a nice bar area. This hotel is attached to the Eaton Centre and often has deals where you get a $25 shopping certificate per night (look for deals at the Marriott site). I was there for an extended business stay my first weekend came back to find a thank you note from the Manager and a fruit basket. Nice touch!

My only complaint with Marriott's is that they tend to charge a good rate, but don't include internet. For a "business hotel" you would think that this is standard, but all the higher end hotels seem to charge for it. Why is that?

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Steve D
Reviewed 22 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel on Jan. 6th. We live in a suburb of Toronto and decided it would be fun to "go downtown" and have a mini-vacation. We were able to get the Romance Package which included 2 buffet (or a la carte) breakfasts, chocolate covered strawberries and sparkling wine. This package is well worth it. From the moment we valet parked ($32), to the time we checked out, the service was outstanding!!!!! Everyone was friendly and very professional.
We had a corner unit room that was very nice. It was very comfortable and very clean!! The bed was super comfy. We overlooked City Hall and we were able to watch the ice skaters at night....very pretty view! The room had a safe, which, unfortunately we didn't find until the next day......it's in the drawer of the desk!!!!!!!!
The hotel has a walkway to the Eaton Centre, so we were able to leave the winter coats behind to do some shopping and have dinner. The Trios Bar in the lobby is quite nice and overlooks Trinity Square which very pretty at night with all the lights on. After having a cocktail at the bar, after shopping, I asked for a hot tea to take back to the room......$4.50?????? For a tea bag and some hot water?.....this is the only complaint that I have about the hotel.
The breakfast buffet is very good with all the foods that you would want, including an Omelette station.
I would recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Toronto as it is close to everything and if needed, you can take the subway to places you might not want to walk to.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Wendooshka
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Nice hotel, rooms were refurbished three or four years ago. It's in a good location on Bay Street off Dundas. The subway is not far, I was actually able to get to it through the Eaton center mall, which was right next door to the hotel. It had a very nice executive lounge off the lobby, and for breakfast, had full access to the buffet in the restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business