“Would not stay again”

Ranked #19 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Detroit
“Would not stay again”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

This hotel does not live up to its four star rating in most categories, namely service. The valet was quick and professional, however at $40 it should have been. When we entered the room the ice bucket was full of half melted ice. I called down to ask for more, then called down twice more, finally going down to the desk after an hour of no one coming up with anything. While talking with the front desk about what the problem was the doorman commented they were only at 37% occupancy. How a four star hotel has trouble with something simple like this while not even busy is troubling. This was a sign of things to come as on two different occasions we were told that the house car was not available for us to use, the first time the driver was about to get off of his shift, and the second time we were informed that it only ran from 6pm-10pm on a Saturday. The hotel lobby is very nice as is the driveway up to the hotel and the corridors to the room. The room itself was okay, however nothing besides perhaps a deep seated tub and 3 pieces of art differentiated this hotel from a Sheraton or a holiday inn. We stayed in a deluxe double room which was not worth the up charge for a small sitting area. We were all unimpressed for what the hotel presented on the website vs what we experienced. Definitely not worth the money we paid, we traveled to the Hyatt regency in Toronto also, which we found nicer for a better price. The money paid for the room is not an issue, however the value for the price paid was just not there. Would not stay again and would advise other travelers to check out other luxury hotels in Toronto. The new Four Seasons is opening soon, and I'm sure they would love to take Hyatts castoffs.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Matt K
PR-At-The-Park, Manager at Park Hyatt Toronto, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We take it seriously when we do not exceed our guests expectations, and hope that you will accept our apologies for a less than perfect experience. Please know that this is not reflective of the level of service we strive to provide to our guests.

When your schedule allows, would you mind if we connected to further discuss the details noted? I look forward to speaking with you in the near future.

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your stay.

Park Hyatt Toronto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Korean first
Ontario
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Recently stayed at the Park Hyatt Toronto for an overnight associated to an event in down town Toronto. As this hotel wasn't the destination, I cannot comment on this hotel except for valet parking, reception and the room itself.

Valet parking was quick and service was very professional.

The lobby was nicely appointed and up-scale. The check-in was fast and service was average.

The room was in the north tower and was nice. Been in better, but definitely more better appointed than a run-of-the-mill hotel. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was dated and wallpaper was even starting to peal at the edges; needed an updated.

My main complaint was for an expensive hotel I could not believe how poor the sound-proofing was. We were near the elevator and could hear everything, all the time. I actually looked once to check if we had forgotten to shut the door! This is a relatively easy thing to fix with proper doors and transom seal.

Anyway, It wasn't worth the money in my opinion as there isn't enough to differentiate it from lower-price chains.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator area
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Arcaneind
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that our front office and valet teams delivered quick and efficient service and you found our lobby area comfortable.

I would like to apologize for the noise disturbances you experienced during your stay and I am presently looking into the details noted. Would it be possible to connect with you to further discuss this information?

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I stayed here for 4 days, and have to say that it is the Top 3 of hotels in Toronto. There is some new competition between Trump, Ritz, and Four Seasons, but location is tops, the design is timeless, and complimentary car is great. I stayed in the North Tower, that is more modern than the traditional South tower, and prefer it, as it is a bit more relaxed, though a bit more of a hike than than south to the main Lobby. Also I have to say that the Breakfast in the main restaurant is excellent, and the spa is beautiful and fully featured. It is currently the best hotel, but as I have not stayed at the Ritz yet (Financiall District) and really love the Yorkville area.

Room Tip: Choose the North tower for the best of both worlds, Mdern yet classy
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank w0rldtraveller2011
PR-At-The-Park, Manager at Park Hyatt Toronto, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

It is always a pleasure to know that our amenities and the services we provide, contribute positively to the overall guest experience. I will be sure to share your kind words with our team.

When your travels bring you back to Toronto, it would be our pleasure to welcome you once again to your home away from home.

Gail Aihoshi
Toronto
Reviewed 7 January 2012

For many years the bar at the top of Toronto's Park Hyatt (formerly the Park Plaza) was a mecca for the city's cultural community. Elegant and welcoming, it was a good place to enjoy the view and good conversation while quaffing a well chosen wine. The view is still there, as is a good wine list, but since the installation and operation of an obtrusive sound system, evidently on the principle that bars must have loud music, the bar has become considerably less attractive, at any rate if conversation is one of your objects.

Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank winst0n4
PR-At-The-Park, Manager at Park Hyatt Toronto, responded to this review, 17 January 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback concerning your recent experience at our Roof Lounge. I do apologise that the setting was not conducive to conversation and made your experience an unpleasant one. We take your concerns seriously and I have shared the points you noted with our team.

Once again, please accept our most sincere apologies.

toronto
Reviewed 30 December 2011

My daughter and I have made a tradition of heading to Toronto's "Miracle Mile" for the Boxing Day sales on December 26th. This year we decided to get a room at the Park Hyatt Toronto for two nights as it was close to our shopping destinations and they offered excellent room deals. Having enjoyed both nights immensely, we now know that we must include a stay at this hotel be included in our annual tradition. My sister and her three daughters joined us for one night and they too want to make this an annual event. The rooms were large, and extremely comfortable. The staff could not have been more pleasant, from the doormen, to front desk personnel, to the housekeeping coming to perform nightly turn-down service. My ONLY complaint with the hotel was the lack of coffee machines/kettles in the rooms. This is the only hotel I have experienced in years that does not have this available. While I understand that the hotel offers 24 hour service, you do necessarily want to have to answer your door and/or wait for a cup of tea. This will necessitate my bringing my own immerser/travel kettle with me. I do hope they change their policy on this issue before my next stay.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a luxury room. It was quite a bit larger than the standard room, which in it itself w...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
PR-At-The-Park, Manager at Park Hyatt Toronto, responded to this review, 3 January 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to shared your feedback during the holiday season. It warms our hearts to know that we will become a part of your annual family tradition. Thank you for including us.

I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to share your kind words with our entire team. Your feedback regarding kettles/coffee machines in our guestrooms has been noted and I will be sure to share that with our brand team as well.

Wishing you and your entire family the very best for 2012!