“Quiet, spacious room 734”

The Omni King Edward Hotel
Ranked #7 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Got this hotel half price using Hotwire. $109/night. Was concerned about the reviews re: construction. There was no construction during the weekend.
Room was on the 7th floor. Quiet. 300 sq. feet 3 Closets, refrigerator, safe, 2 comfy queen sized beds, flat screen tv, sofa & coffee table. Very nice bathroom. Was able to get milk and juice at Shoppers Drug Mart 1 block away. No coffee maker in room but lots of coffee shops 1 block away. Staff was courteous, free WiFi in lobby, quick elevators, great location for theatre. We walked from the train station.

Room Tip: We asked at check in desk about any construction noise. Loved room 734.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2012

Dear valued guest:

Thank you for sharing this review of your stay with us. We are delighted to have been able to provide you with a pleasant stay. We appreciate all the nice compliments about the room and its features. It is also great to know that the attentiveness of our courteous staff made for a memorable stay.

We hope to see you back!

There are newer reviews for The Omni King Edward Hotel

Reviewed 20 February 2012

This was the first time staying at King Edward. We had a girls weekend away to Toronto. We had a Mirvish Package that included a theatre/hotel/dinner. There are 3 hotels to choose from and had yet to stay at King Edward. Upon arrival the lobby was the first thing that was stunning to look at. Checking in was done very professionally with a very friendly atmosphere. We had asked for early check in and that was not a problem. They had our room ready for us. The consierge was extemely knowlegable about everything we needed to know and made it very easy for us to find where we wanted to go. He gave us some really amazing tips about really interesting things to see while we were there. The room was really large and well kept. The bedding was amazing. You almost did not want to get out of bed it was so comfortable. Everything about this hotel makes me want to go back again. The location is great. Short cab ride to the entertainment district or if the weather is noce it would be about a 20 min. walk. Lots of restaurants to choose from. We will definately be back again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ntlch06

Dear valued guest:

It is very rewarding to read reviews like yours and we thank you for sharing this with us. I am thrilled that you and your friends had a wonderful experience with our hotel. I appreciate the nice compliments about our lobby and the hotel services that made for a great stay.

Thank you again for your visit and I look forward to your return.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Stayed in January 2012 with my wife. Beautiful lobby- architecture etc. close to some great restaurants, subway and St Lawrence Market. Rooms were much better than I have read on here. Lots of space but bathroom aesthetics could be nicer (a bit of moisture on wallpaper making it bubble/peel) etc.

Overall will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear valued guest:

Thank you for posting your review and complimenting our lobby and hotel architecture. I am pleased that your personal experience with the guest room was satisfactory, contrary to what other reviews have said about the guest rooms. I have noted your comment about the bathroom and brought it to the attention of our maintenance team for fixing. We appreciate your feedback.

I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

We stayed at the King Eddy and were not disappointed. It is an old hotel -1903- so the rooms are small, but we knew that and they were well kept. It's also getting some refacing done to the exterior, but that's not a problem. The location's great - short streetcar ride to the entertainment district. We got a deal from travelzoo and chose to upgrade to the "club" rooms which include hot/cold snacks and wine/beer, along with a continental breakfast. Well worth the $30. The bar is serving dinners, and while we didn't eat there, the food looked very good. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lmcg40

Dear valued guest:

I am glad that the hotel offered a convenient location and easy access to your desired destination in the city. It is also great to note that you enjoyed the club floor and its amenities. We offer this feature for an opportunity to enhance every guest’s stay. Thank you for posting your comments and I look forward to your return to our hotel.

Reviewed 15 February 2012

I have a soft spot for this hotel. I love the lobby and I find the service to be excellent. Yes, the rooms are a little (a lot) tired, but apparently they will be upgraded, which is nice to hear.

I was here two weeks ago with a group of guys for a bachelor party, and we got a great suite as home base with the other rooms all on the same floor for a rock-botom price of $109 a night. I stayed here again this week for the same price, and got upgraded to that same suite.

The Knig Eddie always treats their platinum guests really well, with terrific upgrades, car service in the morning, club lounge snacks and booze, breakfast, etc. I can't imagine they're making much money off of me for the rate they charge. Staying here is a treat. I go back and forth between here and the Sheraton. My wife likes the Sheraton; I like it here. No doubt the club lounge is nicer and food better at the Sheraton, and my wife likes the rooms there better. I like the free booze in the lounge at the Eddie.

I recommend this hotel highly, as I've always had a good time here. Let's wait and see what happens with the renos, but they'll be able to compete nicely with the big players.

Room Tip: Ask for the red room
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Dear valued guest:

Reviews such as yours are the greatest reward for the work that we do and make our efforts all so worthwhile. Thank you for your kind words and the glowing compliments. Thank you for continuing to stay at our hotel during all of your travels. We take great pride in the service that we provide to each and every guest, most especially to our Platinum guests. I am glad that we have been able to consistently provide such service at the highest standards. We anxiously await your return!