2 people are viewing this hotel
InterContinental
US$136
Free cancellation until 25/04/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
Booking.comUS$136
Expedia.comUS$131
StayForLongUS$161
3,232 results
All reviews cn tower union station azure restaurant front street rogers centre club floor attending a conference ripley's aquarium junior suite valet parking mini bar city view entertainment district high floor convention concierge ihg
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 January 2021

This place was mad luxurious. Massive lobby. The room was a great size with a huge window. Loved the couch. We were provided with robes and nice wine glasses. Made for a fun night. Close to all our favourite Toronto spots within walking distance. Night on the town vibes. I like how only hotel guests could go onto the floors because of the card. Also, enjoyed how there was a 24 hour window between guest stays. Safety first. Thanks, keep up the good work.
-Love Snook and Jen

Room tip: go on a high floor
Date of stay: August 2020
Todd Mavin, Guest Services / Front Office at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Snook_Jenn,

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your review about your recent stay at the hotel. We are thrilled to read your enjoyment of your accommodations as well as the location of the hotel within close proximity to all of your favourite spots in the city. We are also delighted to read your positive comments about the key access within our hotel elevators as well as the additional safety measures we have pertaining to the pandemic to ensure our guests safety during their stay.

We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to the hotel during your next trip to Toronto.

Reviewed 14 December 2020

I stayed here for two nights in March 2020 right before COVID broke out, so my review will be based on the hotel pre-COVID. Overall, my stay was enjoyable. The hotel is centrally located, right next to Union Station and across the street from the Billy Bishop Airport shuttle. I remember the valet was a little less polished and closed the door on me before I got out of the car, it's a minute detail but these little things do matter at a property like an Intercon.
The hotel itself is connected to the PATH so it was easy getting around downtown while staying indoors. My room had two queen beds, everything was clean and worked as expected. I think there are several options at this price point, nothing special jumped out at me about this property.

Date of stay: March 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank nebula456
Todd Mavin, Guest Services / Front Office at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2020

Dear nebula456,

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your review about your stay earlier this year. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your overall experience at the hotel during your stay. We do apologize for the experience you had with our Valet and we will be sure to look into this further and provide re-training as needed. We are thrilled to read your enjoyment of the location of the hotel within the city and the convenience of being connected to the PATH.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel during your next trip to Toronto.

Reviewed 23 October 2020 via mobile

This review is long overdue as I stayed at the Intercontinental October 2019. Check in was super smooth, and we were moved up to a higher floor once it came up in conversation that I was there for my birthday. I had also pre-booked a couples massage prior to my visit, and they had a cute cheese and fruit platter waiting for us at the end of the massage. To add the cherry on top, shortly after returning to my room, they had brought up a delicious dessert with “Happy Birthday” written on the plate.

These gestures were greatly appreciated and made me feel even more special on my day! Best treatment I’ve had at a hotel so far.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Todd Mavin, Guest Services / Front Office at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2020

Dear cynbobandjimbob,

We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to provide feedback about your stay with us at the hotel last year. We are so delighted to read your positive comments about the ease of checking in and the complimentary upgrade provided by our team for your special day. We are also thrilled to read your enjoyment of the small treats provided to you after your massage and in your room for your birthday.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future during another visit to the city.

Reviewed 16 October 2020

Excellent property. Visited 4 times over the course of Summer 2020. Outstanding location. Steps to Union Station and PATH (both at Union Station and via Simcoe Place across the street). Large well-appointed rooms with great views. Excellent service, public areas of the hotel are beautiful. Interestingly the upper "premium" floors have the older style bathrooms with different amenities -- while the lower floors have renovated bathrooms with walk-in showers and Gypsy Water amenities. One note -- at least during the COVID era this property seems to attract a bit of a "party" crowed on weekends...my most recent stay was on a weekend and there was some significant hallway/adjacent room noise in the early hours of the morning. Still my go-to in Toronto.

Date of stay: September 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Todd Mavin, Guest Services / Front Office at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2020

Dear its_shoeless_joe,

We appreciate you taking some time out of your day to provide us with your review about your experiences staying with us. We are so thrilled to read your enjoyment of the hotel's location within close proximity to many points of interests during your stay as well as your positive comments about your accommodations and service provided by our team. We also appreciate the feedback pertaining to weekend guests and some noise you experienced during your stay. We want all of our guests to have an enjoyable experience and if for any reason a guests is disturbed by anyone else staying in the hotel, our Security team is quick to handle all complaints to diffuse the issue at hand.

We love that we have become your go-to hotel in the city and we look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back to the hotel again soon!

Reviewed 16 August 2020 via mobile

Just checked out today from this hotel. I was really disappointed from their poor service. We stayed 3 nights there, they cleaned the room once after we had to call them to do so. This is unacceptable from a well reputable hotel chain like Intercontinental. I want to give it 1 star but I gave it 2 by respect to the Intercontinental hotel in Montreal, my hometown, which is one of top hotels in the world.
All in-room services like fridge (chocolate, snacks, drinks, etc. ) and coffee/tea machine were removed from the room. The room service for food is really on demand in advance as if they have to order it for you from another restaurant. They blamed it on COVID. Please gimme a break!!! Who you're fooling. They are finding stupid reasons to cut cost and still charging clients full price.
The room and its bathroom were so old, I felt that I went back to the 1990s as if time has stopped in this hotel. The bathtub was yellowish as it aged and its edges are poorly fixed with silicon. Really appalling!!!!
And by the way, it was not cheap at all, $228 a night. Never again....

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jchidiac
Todd Mavin, Guest Services / Front Office at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2020

Dear jchidiac,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of your recent stay at the InterContinental Toronto Centre. We sincerely appreciate the feedback you have given us. As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for the overall experience you had at the hotel.

At this time, some changes have been made to our typical hotel services. Our Housekeeping service is now upon request only as guests cannot be in the room while cleaning is being performed. Additionally, we have removed many high touch items or items that cannot be sanitized, from our rooms to reduce the amount of items needed to be cleaned between guests. This also limits the amount of single use products like paper menus or signs that would have to be thrown out between guests as they simply cannot be sanitized or cleaned. All items are still available and no items have been discontinued or not allowed.

We understand that some of these changes do impact the overall experience that our guests may be used to from previous stays or other similar locations, however, these changes have been mandated by IHG for all locations for the health and safety of our guests. We do understand that at this time you do not wish to stay with us again, but we do hope that we will have a second chance to welcome you back again in the future.