All reviews keg restaurant room was clean free breakfast the breakfast area yogurt minute drive front desk staff stay there again night's sleep king bed business trip scarborough lobby inns laptop subway
Reviewed 15 August 2018

I stayed in this hotel for 4 days while visiting Toronto. My room was very spacious, with the bed comfortable. There were plenty of plug sockets available for charging electronic items. The bathroom did its job, with the shower hot and powerful. The included breakfast was buffet style, with a good variety available (pancakes, cereals, eggs, toast/bagels, sausages, fruit etc). Safe boxes are available upon request at reception.

If there's anything I'd knock the hotel for, it's that the safe boxes are rather small - I brought my laptop with me and it wouldn't fit in the safe. The surrounding area isn't particularly nice at night either (but if you stay in well lit areas you'll be fine). The flush mechanism on the toilet also became stuck a couple of times - I had to take the top of the toilet off and pull the plunging mechanism up to fix.

If you were to visit Toronto, I think overall this is a great choice of hotel. You are a 10 minute bus journey away from McCowan station, from which you can get the subway into the city centre. The rooms are comfortable, the staff friendly, and the food tasty.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank ITravelledOnce
Nelson D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your detailed positive review, it is review such as yours that will assist others to make their choice when visiting our area. Your business is appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel about 3 months in advance because I was coming for a wedding. I arrived a bit early but the front desk staff were very un-accommodating. Firstly I understand if you had no rooms but it is not what you do but how you do it. They made my son and I waited until check in time which was @ 3, so waited at least 5 hours. Then when I did check in they give me a print out of total and it was over a hundred dollars more than my original price when I booked the hotel. Thank God I was paying attention & I questioned them about the price increase & the lady @ the desk tried to tell me that was the price, I searched my phone and I found the original confirmation email & show it to them. They were confused and the lady consulted with the gentleman working with her & they began to figure it out speaking in their language [bad display in front of your guest]. After having me standing their for at least 15 mins they decided to change the price, no apologies or anything, at that point I told them I will not stay there again & I will write a review. At some point the manager (I presume he is) approaches me with an apology & offer my 2000 points for my inconvenience. Really? If I was not paying attention my price was changed on me & if I didn’t had that email to prove what I was saying that would have been it because you did not believe me when I told you the price was incorrect. That set my mood for your hotel, unfortunately I don’t think I will be staying at this Holiday Inn again & if I do recommend anyone I will let them vknow they have to pay attention to price quote & price charged.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank jewelj400
Nelson D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Our hotel was sold out the previous night and please accept my apology for the wait until 3 pm as we had get the type of room booked by you prepared for your stay. Rate you were referring to was in US $ and we only bill you in Canadian Dollars, I hope this will explain the confusion in pricing differential.

We sincerely hope the above explanation will convince you to give us another opportunity to make amends.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

The location was good - we wanted to be closer to the zoo so we could arrive when it opened, and in that respect, the hotel checked the box. The beds were comfy, and breakfast was fine. The a/c unit in the room was loud, as was the light/vent combo in the bathroom.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Nelson D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing to stay with us. In our upcoming renovations we will ensure to resolve these issues. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Decent and clean. A standard HIE. Comfortable beds. Good breakfast included . Location is great for those needing to be in Scarborough. Only criticism is that smokers need to be kept further from the hotel entrance .

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Nelson D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback and for choosing to stay with us. Although we do our best, we are unable to overcome the hurdle of keeping the smokers away.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Stayed for 1 night. If you're looking for a good place to sleep, that is no brainer. Beds were really comfy and breakast was décent. Nothing bad to say except it would require to be renovated a little: A/C was old and carpet and stuc ceileing showed its time.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family