“Too good for words”

Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Bay Street
Transit: Steps away from the TTC Bay Station
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Highly priced but absolutely one of a kind place in the world to check out. I hang out here regularly and don’t be surprised if you see a Hollywood celebrity or two. Just can’t get over their lovely menu. Everything is fantastic

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

Though inspired by Angelina's hot Chocolat in Paris, France, this place beats them hands down. Amazing eats and beverages. Celebrities hangout here. Expensive but worth it!

Reviewed 5 October 2016

Excellent restaurant to go to with the girls for afternoon tea, or for a romantic brunch date with the boyfriend. The venue is based off a little French cafe and has a very chic ambiance to it. The entire place is very stylish, even their washrooms have won awards for their decoration.

The food is very tasty, and the teas will not disappoint. The chocolate cake is to die for, as it was very rich, creamy, and incredibly chocolate-y. If you love chocolate, you simply must try it! I wouldn't recommend buying the macarons in the store-front without careful inspection first, because some of them were a bit stale.

Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

This restaurant has the best macarons in Toronto (in my opinion). The food is good - the eggs benedict is tasty and the truffle mac and cheese is satisfyingly decadent. The desserts are amazing - especially the McQueen chocolate cake.
I've never had a problem with the service, and I've been at least 10 times in the last 3 years. The staff has always been friendly. They may get busy or leave you alone to eat and drink, but if you call them over they are always happy to help (in my experience).
Yes, it's in Yorkville, so it's a bit on the pricey side, but given the area, that's to be expected.
Great ambience. I will be returning!

1  Thank ntp123
Reviewed 1 June 2016

I emailed MoRoCo inquiring about afternoon tea for 2 as a treat for my mom. We made our arrangements via email and when we arrived I was happy to see the table already set for tea. We did enjoy our tea- a bit small considering the $62 charge, but it was a treat. When we left I was presented with the machine to pay and prompted to tip- which I did...and was startled to see a $200 charge. Chalking it up to misreading the price weeks earlier I left without being given my receipt. However it bugged me all day so back at the hotel I looked up the menu... an 18.5% tip is automatically included in afternoon tea. I wasn't told this when I booked, there was no menu on the table to inform us, and the wait staff didn't say anything either. So I tipped, on top of a tip, more than 35% total. I was shocked and quickly emailed the manager who did get back to me offering free dessert for 2- not helpful as we were only in town for one night. I have tried to contact them since twice and have been ignored. Given that I was never informed about the inclusive tip and it seemed to be set up that I wouldn't have an opportunity to learn about it (no menu on table, no receipt) I can't help but feel hugely taken advantage of. As an avid traveller I expect to be scammed by restaurants in 3rd world countries, not my own. What a disappointment and embarrassment as a Canadian business.

3  Thank Hannah L