“18 years living in Etobicoke, and we found this gem just tonight!”
Review of Sushi Run

Sushi Run
Ranked #2,520 of 9,771 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighbourhood: Etobicoke
Neighbourhood: Etobicoke
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I both wanted to try a new place, so we grabbed our phones and found Sushi Run.

We can’t say enough great things about this place, the service was outstanding, and the food exceeded our expectations.

We have gotten used to going to the same place close to work downtown, but have promised ourselves to try new places. That’s how we wound up on Bloor St.

We were greeted right away by a very friendly server, and she cleared a cozy booth room for us, which was really nice.

Our drink order was taken right away, and the menu was very extensive which was a nice surprise, everything looked and sounded delicious.

We started with the “Chicken Karaage $6.99
(Fried Japanese chicken with a side of spicy mayo)”
It arrived very quickly, was hot, and delicious!
We also tried the “Sweet Potato Crispers $3.99
(Sweet potato, onions deep fried served with tempura sauce)
Um, make sure you order this, we were both scrambling over who got the next bite. Great combo with the onion.

We debated back and forth, over what to order next, and chose the sashimi appetizer, the “Kalbi - $17.99 - Grilled Korean BBQ ribs marinated in a sweet soya sauce served on a sizzling hot plate”, and the “Fire Dragon Roll $12.99
(Shrimp tempura, avocado, crab meat, cucumber, tobiko topped with seared salmon, spicy mayo, mayo, unagi sauce, siracha & tobiko).

When we ordered the ribs, our server mentioned that those were her favorite, and we would have to say that they were our favorite as well. BEST dish we have had out in a long time, outstanding in fact! There wasn’t a speck of anything left behind on that hot plate!

I basically picked the ribs and by other half picked the roll, and the roll far exceeded my expectations. Best roll we have ever had, and we love our sushi ;)

Sashimi was good, but everything else was just so scrumptious that it over shadowed the fish. I wasn’t about to downgrade the rating though because the food was amazing, service ...best we have ever had, so good that when my husband dropped his chopstick, the waitress popped her head in with fresh ones for him, how she knew, when we were tucked in that room I don’t know, but she rocked! She even brought us lovely tea...

Go for the amazing food, grab one of the little cozy rooms, and enjoy!

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 5 August 2017

This restaurant seems to be run by Koreans and caters to locals. A lot of take out was being prepared there, so must be good choice for that. The tuna, hamachi and butterfish sashimi was quite delicious and great texture. The spider roll was not great, as the filling of soft shell crab was minimal and they used very old/tough lettuce. Unagi was ok, not torched nearly enough. Minimalist, narrow dining room with weird karaoke type music and large TV. Clientele were all caucasian and not upscale appearing. Service was adequate. Sat at the bar and the staff behind the counter didn't converse at all.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 14 July 2017

I placed an order for 2 sushi/sashimi party platters (Over 240 pieces) and it was a very reasonably priced and more importantly, it tasted fresh and delicious. The order was ready exactly on time and the staff were very friendly and even helped me bring it out to my car. Great food and service at a good price, you can't ask for more than that!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

The sushi rolls here are fresh and delicious. With acknowledgement of the negative review, my platter did not contain any raw tuna or salmon. However, this was clear when I ordered. My platter was 45$ and it left two people very full.

The rolls on the platter were tasty. Service was quick and excellent.

Parking is available on the street in front of the restaurant.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

I have been to many sushi places and am at the point I know exactly what I like and don't like, or most importantly what to expect from a good place.
The service was good, the girls are adorable and smiley, the presentation of the food is great, BUT.. I can tell when a place is being cheap. If I go out for sushi I expect to be eating mostly SUSHI. The rolls we got : volcano (whick I was really disappointed about), Tataki and the spicy golden tuna were just filled with sushi bits and for the most part filled with tempura and vegetables. The sushi burrito I got was large, and very tasty but then again I could not see the salmon! There was hardly anything. This is totally unacceptable guys. I hope you read this review..Because you know what? It was priced at the exact same prices of any other place, for so much less fish..If anything really. Too expensive..70$ for rice and vegetables served with a smile.
No I'm sorry. Not going back