“Huge selection of goodies”
Review of Dimpflmeier Bakery

Dimpflmeier Bakery
Ranked #11 of 140 Bakeries in Toronto
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe
Neighbourhood: Etobicoke
Neighbourhood: Etobicoke
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

I accidently found this bakery and I was so excited when I saw the large selection and reasonable prices. I literally walked around for 20 minutes trying to decide what to get before I finally selected a few items. They were so good I went back the next day and bought more. They have the largest selection of the breads and pretzels I've ever seen.
There is a coffee shop where you can sit. They have lots of German style donuts and cake slices, assorted pastries, danishes, etc. I will definitely be back often.

Reviewed 14 April 2018

German bread, European sweets, Ukrainian pampushky with plum filling are out of this world. Lattes and Cappuccinos are available. The only inconvenience I found - cash only. They have an ATM inside, but still. This day and age they need to keep up with time. Other than that, the place is great

Reviewed 27 February 2018

I usually just come here and buy their breads and dessert. However, this time, I thought I would stay and enjoy a cup of coffee with dessert. What a mistake! The tables are sticky, the coffee was bland. It's much better to just buy their desserts and take it home to enjoy it with your own cup of coffee.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Decided to choose a Black Forest cake for a family birthday celebration. I went in on a Thursday to inquire about buying for Sat. All the cakes in the display case said best before the Sat date. I asked if I could get a cake made that day, was told they are frozen. Wait, what??? Why? Not clear on why we couldn’t get a fresh cake? Needless to say, I took one, followed simple instructions to keep frozen until Sat morn and then take out. To my disappointment the cake layers (bottom layer in particular) were stale and dry. I assumed choosing this bakery with excellent reviews I would be in for a real treat. Also, I felt that there was too heavy a hand with the whipped cream. While I do enjoy other baked goods I will not buy a black forest cake again. Pretty cake but not authentic and not fresh.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

Dimpflmeier's is a traditional European bakery with great lunch selections, coffee, fresh breads. Will be back!