Old Country Motel
US$87
TripAdvisor
US$138
getaroom.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Very odd experience here, I completely regretted making a reservation. Unfortunately, I was so tired from traveling, I stayed, but I wish I had gone somewhere else. From the sounds of it, the motel has changed ownership recently, and the best word I can use to describe this place is SKETCHY!! Bed linens gross, slept on towels... Carpet not vacuumed, bathroom just awful.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2011

This was the MOST disgusting place that I have stayed in my life. I made a reservation based on the internet. DUMB move on my part. I was travelling across Canada and thought that it looked like a cute place to stay. The housekeeper had to check us in, and we had to pay cash as the owner was passed out drunk inside. The room smelled horrible. All of our food had to be thrown out as the fridge was actually a freezer, and was frozen in the morning. I can't beleive that more people haven't written a review for this place. I can't believe that a health inspector hasn't closed this place down. Save your money, or spend a bit more and stay someplace that you don't feel the need to sleep in your clothes....

Room Tip: smelly and dirty
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank ontoyt
Reviewed 31 July 2011

This motel is filthy, dated and extremly unacceptable! No towels in the washroom. No curtins on the bathroom windows. Burn marks on the bedding. No fans or air conditioning. Very tiny rooms. Just go down the street and find much nicer, clean rooms and better value then this place. We didn't even stay the night. We left and found another room. STAY AWAY!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank anguspaul
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This hotel was dirty an disscusting. No AC - No Screens on windows - Old dissgusting furniture - No towels - Dirty frosted up fridges. BAD BAD BAD. Owner apparently drinks all night and sleeps all day.
I would not let my dog sleep there.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank 1963Nancy
Reviewed 16 August 2010

I was very disappointed in this motel. There was no air conditioning however, we did have a fan. Since the room was so very tiny the fan actually did a not bad job. Other than a new floor the room was very dated and a little bit shabby, especially the bathroom. The owner/manager did not have my reservation even though I had just called a couple of weeks before my trip. Initially she tried to give me a room that was already occupied. On the whole the room was clean enough but, we found a half eaten icecream concoction that was frozen to the fridge in the fridge. There was also the usual complimentary coffee but, the coffee maker looked dirty to me so I passed.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple