1,021 results
All reviews mountain view off the menu best westerns patio doors hotel restaurant front desk staff family wedding place to stay would highly recommend this hotel very nice hotel second floor free breakfast pool and hot tub shuttle service business trip long drive beds were comfortable
Reviewed 26 September 2018

Was in Thunderbay for a conference, and we could not have picked a better place to have one. The rooms were clean and comfortable,the hospitality was great and the pool and sauna area was relaxing.The scenery is beautiful and the hotel is very quiet.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Customer R, General Manager at Best Western Plus Norwester Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Good Day
I am delighted that we met and exceeded your expectations for your recent conference. Your business is important to our success and we appreciate this 5 star tripadvisor review. Our beautiful mountain location lends itself to attending a conference that feels relaxing and healthy. Thank you for choosing our location and we look forward to serving you again for your business and personal needs.
Sincerely
General Manager.

Reviewed 19 September 2018

The staff was unpleasant and unhelpful which made for an overall top worst travel experience for us. We didn't feel like valued guests. Exception: the housekeeping staff, who were kind, professional. Guests need to be buzzed into the pool area by someone at the front desk. On 1 occasion, we waited at the front desk in our bathing suits while the associate talked with a server in front of us about the rush in the restaurant. She was complaining about patrons, then counting her tips which was all very awkward. When they finished and the front desk rep acknowledged us, she said, "Can I help you?" It was pretty evident we were just waiting to go swimming but my husband obliged and stated the obvious, asking to get to the pool. Even then, she said, "Do you want me to buzz you in?" It was the craziest amount of time to do the simplest task. This type of exchange happened 2 out of 3 of our pool visits.Also, the front desk rep told me that no outside food or beverage are allowed in the pool because i was holding a disposable coffee cup from the room's coffee maker. When i asked another staff person, clarifying the beverage isn't from outside, he said it's perfectly fine. Then in the pool, another table had pizza ordered in and pitchers of drinks. The inconsistency was odd.One of the reasons we chose this hotel was because it included breakfast. Had we known that we would have to go to the restaurant, be seated and order, we would have gone a different way. We waited 10 minutes for a table, another while for the food to arrive and my husband had to find a staff person to pay because no one came back to check us out after the meal. At that time, the person who ran the transaction was flustered and curt with him, despite a generous tip (we felt bad for the staff because they were visibly overwhelmed). Not only was this all unpleasant and felt like a waste of time, we were only given 2 vouchers for breakfast. My husband, 2 kids & I travel often and when a hotel says breakfast is included, it always means for the guests in the room. This was the first time we had to pay for 2 people. It wasn't worth the time waiting, unpleasant service, and price. Lastly, we are friendly and our greetings to front desk staff were ignored:(We don't recommend the hotel, despite the beautiful view. Disclaimer: We understand people have bad days.This was one of our worst overall experiences. Just hoping to help w/ improvements or to help other travelers w/ similar values.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Customer R, General Manager at Best Western Plus Norwester Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Good Day Rebecca

Firstly, I would like to apologize to you and your family for your less than adequate stay at our property. We failed you on your experience with us. This is extremely disappointing to me as, as you can tell from our ratings we strive very hard to deliver on Superior Customer Care. Please know that I have spoken with all departments involved with your experiences with us to let them know that this service is less than acceptable. I have also spoken with the Guest Services Manager and have advised him to issue Best Western Rewards points to your account. This is no way makes up for a negative experience but I felt I needed to make this up to you and your family.
Your business and loyalty to Best Western is important to Best Western's success as a brand. By us failing you we failed the brand as well and I take full responsibility for this. I hope that you remain loyal to the brand and perhaps for future stays in Thunder Bay give us the opportunity to make this up to you.
Respectfully,

Reviewed 19 September 2018

The Rooms were adequate and the hotel staff were extremely helpful in finding us a place to have a boat trailer fixed. The restaurant attached to the lobby served very good food too. I plan on staying there again next year.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Good Day
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am delighted to hear that our staff went above and beyond to assist you with this very unfortunate repair for your boat trailer. I will be sure to communicate with the chef how much you enjoyed your meals in the Cliffhanger Restaurant. We look forward to your return next year.
Happy boating!

Reviewed 15 September 2018

Stopped here once again on our way north. No regrets. It is on the south side of town, which we like. The staff is wonderful and accommodating. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The hotel restaurant has a great breakfast. We will be here next year.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Customer R, General Manager at Best Western Plus Norwester Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Good Day Wispr
First a huge Thank You for your loyalty to our hotel. Your business is important to our success. Thank you too for complimenting our staff on their commitment to Superior Customer Care. Your comfort and satisfaction is our first commitment to you. Hope your Northern travels were great and we look forward to serving you on your next visit to Thunder Bay.
Enjoy the beautiful fall months.

Reviewed 15 September 2018

We showed up here without reservations while visiting Thunder Bay and luckily there was a room available. This turned out to be one of the best two night stays my wife and I have experienced with this hotel chain. All amenities very close to the hotel if you choose to explore the area. Great pool and hot tub here as well although I hear that it may be closing in a few months for renovations. We visited in September so I'm guessing things weren't too busy. The BW chains seem to have the most comfortable beds in our opinion and my wife and I are very light sleepers. Very little to no disturbances in the hotel when we visited but with more people I bet there will be more noise. The Cliff Hanger restaurant in the hotel was very good too! However some of the over worked wait staff seemed a little under pressure even when things had slowed down. We enjoyed both breakfast and dinners here over the course of our brief stay. All in all a great stay for the money and it was terrific getting coupons for some of the local attractions! Very much appreciated and thanks to all the staff making our stay the BEST!

Stayed: September 2018

Good Day
I am delighted that we were able to accommodate your stop in Thunder Bay and that we met and exceeded your expectations with Best Western. Our beds are Simmons Beautyrest Pillow top and I am so glad your sleep experience was great. I will be sure to let the chef know that you enjoyed your meals in the Cliffhanger Restaurant. Glad you had time to take in a few local attractions and that we could provide you with coupons to attend them. Your opinion, is important to our success, thank you for your business and great tripadvisor review of our property. We hope to serve you for future visits to Thunder Bay.