“Where to stay in Thunder Bay”

Best Western Plus Norwester Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Thunder Bay
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 November 2017

I stayed in this hotel in January on our way to Alberta with my daughter and my grandkids. So when my husband and I needed a place to stay on our way out west my first thought was the norwester in Thunder Bay. We were lucky to get one of the rooms looking at the fountain and mountains. On our way back I will be booking this hotel again.

Room Tip: Enjoyed our stay. Front desk staff very helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable.
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Customer R, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Norwester Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Good Day
Thank you for your loyalty to our Best Western property. I am delighted that you enjoy our scenic mountain location. Your comfort and satisfaction is important to us.
It is truly a compliment that you consider us top of mind when making your lodging decision. We look forward to the opportunity to continue meeting and exceeding your expectations. Thank for choosing us and we look forward to your return visit.
Happy safe travels.....

Reviewed 10 November 2017

This hotel is just a little bit outside of Thunderbay, but is worth the drive. We had a very quiet pet friendly room overlooking the back field.

It is a big property. But, feels like a rustic retreat. We checked in late, but were not rushed at all. Kudo's to the very amazing lady at the front desk. I wish I could remember her name.

The room had a very relaxed, mountain feel to it, and was very clean. Our room service order was perfect. Even though we ordered only moments before the kitchen closed.

This is my choice for whenever I would happen to be in the area again. It is worth the drive.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Customer R, General Manager at Best Western Plus Norwester Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Good Day
I am delighted to hear from you on your recent stay at our scenic mountain location. Your comfort and satisfaction is important to us I am pleased to hear that you were taken care of from every aspect of your stay. Thank you for choosing our Best Western Plus property and we look forward to having you stay with us for future Thunder Bay visits.
Roberta Sawchyn CHA

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel every time we come to Thunder Bay. Its is hands down the best hotel we have ever stayed at ANYWHERE! Staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel itself, and the rooms are immaculate and tastefully decorated. We have stayed in 1st floor and 2nd floor rooms and they are all quiet rooms, never hear any noise from adjacent rooms or hallways. Food in the restaurant is delicious! Pool is spacious and very clean! The grounds are also beautiful and the view of the mountain is breathtaking. Can't say enough good things about this establishment.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Good Day Stephanie
WOW what an amazing review of our Best Western hotel. I am delighted that we met and exceeded your expectations. Your opinion of our hotel is vital to our success. I will be sure to post your review in our staff room so our staff know that their commitment to superior customer care does not go unnoticed by you our guest. Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel and we look forward to serving you during your next stay.
Roberta Sawchyn CHA

Reviewed 8 November 2017

This place is away from all the hustle of downtown area very quiet, relaxing, and the view is amazing .. there is a great restaurant in the premises which has a variety of food in the menu from breakfast to dinner ,, my favourite is the cliffhanger club sandwich

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Customer R, General Manager at Best Western Plus Norwester Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Good Day Mike
As a business traveller your comfort and satisfaction is very important to me and everyone at Best Western. I am delighted that you enjoyed our scenic mountain location. Thank you for complimenting our restaurant. Meeting and exceeding your expectations is what our staff strive to do each and every day. Thank you for your business and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

I have stayed at this hotel in the past and once again the service was top notch. Very helpfull staff when I checked in I asked if there was a chance I could get a spoon and the lady at check in was going to walk over to the resturante to get me one and I told her I would do it that was very nice. Price was very good it was just a overall good experience only reason the hotel got a 10 was because there wasn't a 11 offered. Will stay there next time Iam in town well down.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Customer R, General Manager at Best Western Plus Norwester Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Hello Patrick
Im away at Best Western convention in Nashville and reading your review just made my day! Thank you for recognizing our staff. I am delighted that we met and exceeded your expectations. We look forward to having you return. Please pop in my office and introduce yourself when you are back.